Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights coming on when car is off

V0NST3V3

I bought the car around a year ago and have noticed an intermittent issue that I can't see covered online (might be looking in the wrong places).

When the car is off, sometimes the right hand day time running light and break light come on, when I get in the car and turn it on the right indicator is going.

I have done a few tests in the past and I know I'm not knocking the indicator as I get out of the car or anything like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing it?

Always worth checking the fuse box in the passenger footwell for loose or corroded fuses

That is a parking light function. If you put the indicator stalk to the right when you leave the car the right hand front and rear lights come on and and with the indicators to the left the left front and rear lights come on. You must be leaving the indicator on.

6 minutes ago, Paulius55 said:

That is a parking light function. If you put the indicator stalk to the right when you leave the car the right hand front and rear lights come on and and with the indicators to the left the left front and rear lights come on. You must be leaving the indicator on.

The op says he's not knocking the indicator stalk.

Well someone is - unless there is a poltergeist

If park lights are coming on and indicators are coming on without the switch being activated I'd check the switch for faults first.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 2:45 PM, DaveT70 said:

If park lights are coming on and indicators are coming on without the switch being activated I'd check the switch for faults first.

How would I go about checking the switch, would I need to take the stalk off? 

Its kept happening and actually happened earlier when the car was on but stationary - turned the ignition on, went back to the house and came back to the car indicators being on! 

First option would be to substitute with a known good switch and see if the problem goes away.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:21 AM, DaveT70 said:

First option would be to substitute with a known good switch and see if the problem goes away.

I've ordered a replacement off eBay, will see if that solves the problem. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club