Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light

mealmond

Hi

Just bought a 2008 Fiesta 1.25, think it's a mark 6 but I am getting confused by the different generations 

Only a simple question, I noticed my interior light was staying on, checked the light and it has a simple mechanism, on and off, but it was loose, took it off and it is broken inside.

Looked on eBay, I could not find one the same, but there is a light that looks the same externally but it seems to have a slide switch for on and off rather than a rocker switch.

As long as it is the same size, will it plug in the same, I presume the wiring won't be much different, I know there is a difference between these models where there was a slight update

Thanks

Martin

2008 was the changeover year between the mk6 facelift and the mk7 pfl. It's not that hard to google mk6 Fiesta and mk7 Fiesta and see which pictures look like your car lol.

Thanks for the helpful post and the sarcastic post, I did say I was getting confused about the different model years, but good for somebody to tell me again, cheers, mine is the old shape and not the new 

Your best bet is to do what I did, and visit your local scrappy.

I have a 2007 Zetec S, which had just the bare interior light, but if you look, you might find one that also has the two map reading lights, and it should be a straight swap - perhaps something like this :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD-MONDEO-TITANIUM-INTERIOR-COURTESY-LAMP-MAP-LIGHT-PANEL/193643753777?hash=item2d16113131:g:uOQAAOSwMFVfTTio

Thanks Paul, that looks a great option. I did wonder if the connections to the lamp would be the same and I could upgrade while I was replacing it. I might just buy that one and give it a go.

Thanks

Martin

Whatever you do, don't leave the light on.   Good luck with it.

I will make sure I have it in the right settings. I have ordered the one above witn the map lights, seems a simple upgrade.

Had another look at the existing unit this morning, I read somewhere about squeezing the copper prongs together, on doing that, it switches on but does not work when opening the door, which it did before, tried all the settings.

I will wait for the new light and fit that and see if it works as it should.

Martin

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club