Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro fitting power folding mirrors

TJR121

Hey, i have just recently changed my standard electric mirrors to power folding mirrors and it was very easy to do.

You will need a few things, make sure your car has the same fuse layout as a titanium model, also im not sure if this will work with the 5dr as you may need a module, but this will work if you have a 3dr just make sure you have the same fuse box as a model that comes standard with folding mirrors. Once you have done this you will then need to buy the folding mirrors either brand new or second hand, just make sure they are 100% power folding, here is a link https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/macht-mirror-assembly-489593101           just go off this, make sure you buy both sides, you will find them cheaper second hand. Once you have got them you will need the switch for the inside of the car   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-2012-2017-5-DOOR-WINDOW-POWER-FOLD-MIRROR-CONTROL-SWITCH/184440224894?epid=2233776602&hash=item2af17e7c7e:g:zWAAAOSwJZVesr~s        Something like this. Then install the switch and the wing mirrors, once you have dont this make sure the mirrors and switch work but moving the glass from the switch to test your mirrors YOU WILL NOT have power folding mirrors yet, you will need to download forscan and apply for the extended licence once you get excepted you will need to order one of these obd switches   https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELMconfig-500kbit-compatible-interface-diagnostics/dp/B01F0GVBWY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=forscan+obd2&qid=1602071257&s=outdoors&sr=1-1             making sure its got the little switch, once you have done this plug it into your laptop and the other side into your car then you can find a online video on how to use forscan and just start looking for the option in menu hidden 2 called "rear view electric mirror" or something like that then enable it, YOUR DONE when you lock the car the mirrors will go in and when you unlock then fold out, this also means your switch will now work!  

Hope this helped feel free to message me if you need any further help!

TJ!

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

No sure I have only tried fiesta mk7.5 easy plug and plug ! Just need coding in forscan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club