Ryan200591

68 plate new shape focus bonnet stuck!

Hi all, 

i have a new shaped focus (68 plate) I have just tried to open the bonnet but it isn’t doing anything when I pull the latch, never been a problem before, wondering if it has detached itself somehow? Any idea how I can gain access? All help appreciated. 

If it's the latest model you need to pull the release lever twice.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If it's the latest model you need to pull the release lever twice.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have done this, feels loose, like there’s no tension in it

1 minute ago, Ryan200591 said:

I have done this, feels loose, like there’s no tension in it

Unlucky - normally it takes at least 10 years before the Focus bonnet mechanism breaks!

There's an emergency procedure as outlined in the handbook where you can gain access to the mechanism behind the lever.

2 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

There's an emergency procedure as outlined in the handbook where you can gain access to the mechanism behind the lever.

Ah ok! I will check this out, thank you!

Yeah the bonnet cable stretches 🙄 I've replaced quite a few of these. To get it open you'll need 2 people, 1 person keeps pulling the lever and the 2nd person hits the bonnet where the latch sits and it'll pop open 

21 minutes ago, MasterTechTip said:

Yeah the bonnet cable stretches 🙄 I've replaced quite a few of these. To get it open you'll need 2 people, 1 person keeps pulling the lever and the 2nd person hits the bonnet where the latch sits and it'll pop open 

Very annoying isn’t it, ok, I will give that ago tomorrow, appreciate the help. 

Seems to be a common problem, mine is suffering the same fault. It’s strange how for many decades opening the bonnet was an easy function but progress has put paid to that. Thanks for the tip reference the emergency procedure for opening the bonnet.