Ryan200591

68 plate new shape focus bonnet stuck!

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

i have a new shaped focus (68 plate) I have just tried to open the bonnet but it isn’t doing anything when I pull the latch, never been a problem before, wondering if it has detached itself somehow? Any idea how I can gain access? All help appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's the latest model you need to pull the release lever twice.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If it's the latest model you need to pull the release lever twice.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
 

I have done this, feels loose, like there’s no tension in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryan200591 said:

I have done this, feels loose, like there’s no tension in it

Unlucky - normally it takes at least 10 years before the Focus bonnet mechanism breaks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an emergency procedure as outlined in the handbook where you can gain access to the mechanism behind the lever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

There's an emergency procedure as outlined in the handbook where you can gain access to the mechanism behind the lever.

Ah ok! I will check this out, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the bonnet cable stretches 🙄 I've replaced quite a few of these. To get it open you'll need 2 people, 1 person keeps pulling the lever and the 2nd person hits the bonnet where the latch sits and it'll pop open 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MasterTechTip said:

Yeah the bonnet cable stretches 🙄 I've replaced quite a few of these. To get it open you'll need 2 people, 1 person keeps pulling the lever and the 2nd person hits the bonnet where the latch sits and it'll pop open 

Very annoying isn’t it, ok, I will give that ago tomorrow, appreciate the help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a common problem, mine is suffering the same fault. It’s strange how for many decades opening the bonnet was an easy function but progress has put paid to that. Thanks for the tip reference the emergency procedure for opening the bonnet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.