Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 Updates?

Moggs

Hi folks.  It has been a while...  Well the old Focus (51 plate) was given a fond farewell, with a respectable 225,000 miles on the clock.  Engine still sound but sadly suffering the ravages of British winters and corrosion.  So now we have a new(ish) one!  Focus Zetec S TDCi on a 65 plate and so far, well impressed with the performance and an abundance of bells and whistles in this guise.

It's early days and I would be grateful if you could short-circuit the learning curve.  I believe that it has a Sync 2 fitted, with sat-nav.  I suspect that the Nav SD card may be outdated so I was wondering if there is a way to tell which version of maps is loaded and whether I should upgrade (is it really £160 to upgrade via the Ford website?).  I am getting to grips with the Sync controls but in the meantime, are there recommendations for apps that I can load (if so, how?) and any tips for getting the best out of this system?

Thanks in anticipation 👍

You should be able to see in Settings which version of maps you have. eBay is your friend here, just search for Ford Sync 2 SD card and there are loads to choose from - not necessarily genuine, but will give you a huge saving over buying from Ford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

You should be able to see in Settings which version of maps you have. eBay is your friend here, just search for Ford Sync 2 SD card and there are loads to choose from - not necessarily genuine, but will give you a huge saving over buying from Ford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Andy - just googled,  That's some sort of a saving.  And they look as good as the real thing!  😲

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Moggs said:

Update - version F5 fitted (?)

The SD Card (under the arm rest) will have a big F5 printed on it then, F8 is as far as it goes on Sync 2,
I got an F8 card for £20 from eBay last year, shipped from Lithuania no problems, looks genuine but probably not.
1867414527_2019-10-10STParts172555.thumb.jpg.187faa56ebe0255c70d8ce0362162419.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have had a couple off e Bay, worked fine. On f7 not sure if worth going for f8 or waiting for f9, not sure when due out?

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TitXlover said:

On f7 not sure if worth going for f8 or waiting for f9, not sure when due out?

I was under the impression that F8 is the end for Sync 2 systems, it's over 18 months old already I think.
There is an F9 Update for Sync 3, but they are updated via USB or WiFi, I doubt Ford with produce physical maps for old systems anymore.

• Thanks 1

Maybe right.

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Thanks all.  Just a further question then.... is there a 'traffic camera' warning option built in?   I'm getting plenty of directional messages and a load of traffic delays and diversion options popping up but not a hint of a camera warning.  Thanks to all.

Thanks all.  Just a further question then.... is there a 'traffic camera' warning option built in?   I'm getting plenty of directional messages and a load of traffic delays and diversion options popping up but not a hint of a camera warning.  Thanks to all.
Should be., mine says "caution" when approaching speed cameras.

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moggs said:

Select Navigation - then Menu - Navigation Settings - Navigation Preferences - Hazard Notification. You can then choose to switch it off, have a visual only warning to display an exclamation mark in a triangle on the map or visual and audible which gives the triangle on the map and the one word audible warning "Caution" as you approach. Credit to BazKuga www.kugaownersclub.co.uk - it's probably on this site somewhere but I couldn't find it

• Thanks 1