Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet release mechanism

Smelly nelly

Bonnet release mechanism failed Ford state that there rod and catch can be used with my non Ford lock barrel fitting garage says no .The barrel must be sent away to their supplier and mechanism built around my old barrel and key

advice and thoughts appreciated

You can 'build' the lock tumbler yourself, like I did. This saves you having another key for the car as you build it using original. Its' a fiddly job, but not complicated, and there is a fabulous YouTube on how to do it. Here is my story...

This is the tumbler I bought on Ebay, just click here...

And this is how to do it...

• Like 1

If you don't want the hassle of it breaking again (which it will), fit a mk4 mondeo latch and hide the bonnet release lever either in the glovebox or passenger footwell.

Why Ford thought it would be a good idea to be different and fit a lock instead of a traditional lever in the cab I'll never know. The phrase "it's not broken, don't fix it" comes to mind.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club