Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

how do i make my 1.6 tdci sound nicer? something like a dump valve

JordanTaylor

i’m just wanting to make it sound a little better, asked my mate and he said cant use dump valves so wondering what’s best thing to do

Buy an ST. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Buy an ST. emoji38.png

+1 

With the honeycomb catalyst and DPF there's no way your going to get any change in tone from the exhaust and modern variable vain turbos which fins start small and get bigger the faster there spun; this is to eliminate excess boost meaning there's no excess pressure to go out through a dump vale.

Get an ST or a 90's Japanese import and keep it even if you only use it on the weekends and use the diesel daily, it's the only way you can enjoy this things I todays very changing world unless you go for a high end performance petrol the days of a modern vehicle popping and banging are sadly gone. 

3 hours ago, BigLen said:

+1 

With the honeycomb catalyst and DPF there's no way your going to get any change in tone from the exhaust and modern variable vain turbos which fins start small and get bigger the faster there spun; this is to eliminate excess boost meaning there's no excess pressure to go out through a dump vale.

Get an ST or a 90's Japanese import and keep it even if you only use it on the weekends and use the diesel daily, it's the only way you can enjoy this things I todays very changing world unless you go for a high end performance petrol the days of a modern vehicle popping and banging are sadly gone. 

wish i could buy a st haha, only 18 so insurance is a rocket, but would a cherry bomb exhaust do anything or waste of money?

2 minutes ago, JordanTaylor said:

but would a cherry bomb exhaust do anything or waste of money?

Depends if you want to sound like a stereotypical chav? It's not the late 90's going Fast & Furious s*x spec anymore lol

Just now, Luke4efc said:

Depends if you want to sound like a stereotypical chav? It's not the late 90's going Fast & Furious s*x spec style anymore lol

anything that makes it sound nicer than what it sounds now😂, trying to get a st but need them years in driving otherwise insurance is sky high.

1 hour ago, JordanTaylor said:

anything that makes it sound nicer than what it sounds now😂, trying to get a st but need them years in driving otherwise insurance is sky high.

Loud or nice? There's a big difference. It's your car so you can do what you want but just know that 99% of people will think it sounds like a typical chavvy shitbox.

Also as soon as you change your exhaust you'll find your insurance is probably cheaper on an ST than a "modified" 1.6 diesel...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JordanTaylor said:

wish i could buy a st haha, only 18 so insurance is a rocket, but would a cherry bomb exhaust do anything or waste of money?

Waste mate, petrol exhaust will damage a diesel engine too, there smaller diameter and higher compression, 

Are there any 1999 Toyota Glanza's around ? There a 1.3 turbo same power as the 1.6tdci around 120bhp stock, the vitz Yaris was a 1.5 turbo, or a Nissan Micra super turbo was a 1.0 turbo and supercharged.

6 hours ago, BigLen said:

Waste mate, petrol exhaust will damage a diesel engine too, there smaller diameter and higher compression, 

Are there any 1999 Toyota Glanza's around ? There a 1.3 turbo same power as the 1.6tdci around 120bhp stock, the vitz Yaris was a 1.5 turbo, or a Nissan Micra super turbo was a 1.0 turbo and supercharged.

***** it then, just gonna wait n just buy a st petrol, i’ll deal with it for now 😂 thanks for the help tho

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JordanTaylor said:

***** it then, just gonna wait n just buy a st petrol, i’ll deal with it for now 😂 thanks for the help tho

No problem, I too miss petrol I had mostly Toyota's had a Levin bzr and a Glanza 

Have you saw mightycarmods on YouTube? They have a load of great videos from across the years, great viewing since you like petrol engines and blow off valves, Gaskings is another good one and the early videos of muscle Vs tuner were a great laugh particularly "typical things honda drivers say"

There all great channels and not chavvy like that London fella that always wears sun glasses in his videos can't think of his channel 

I'll edit with the name; ah yes "monky London" can't stand that YouTube channel

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club