Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parrot CK3100

mealmond

Hi

Just bought a mark 6 2008 Fiesta, and I want to fit the Parrot CK3100 to the car, I removed it from my old car and I assume the wiring loom I bought for that car will be different.

The Fiesta has the Sony double din radio, it has buttons for the phone but I don't think the car has bluetooth, if I try connecting my phone I just get audio muted 

Has anybody done the same, if so, do you know what loom I need to connect the Parrot to the car radio, I have looked online but I am getting two options for the loom because of the year of the car.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Sounds like you need SOT-092-03 ISO Cable. Says it's compatible with the 2006-08 Fiesta (Mk6.5)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mealmond said:

Hi

Just bought a mark 6 2008 Fiesta, and I want to fit the Parrot CK3100 to the car, I removed it from my old car and I assume the wiring loom I bought for that car will be different.

The Fiesta has the Sony double din radio, it has buttons for the phone but I don't think the car has Bluetooth, if I try connecting my phone I just get audio muted 

Has anybody done the same, if so, do you know what loom I need to connect the Parrot to the car radio, I have looked online but I am getting two options for the loom because of the year of the car.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Hi Martin, 

Ford change the model every four years, with the facelift being every two years,  the Mk6 came out in 2004, later became a facelift in 2006 making it a mk6.5

2008 was the transition from Mk6.5 on to the Mk7 mid year completely new vehicle inside and out.

A 2005 fiesta loom should do nicely or in theory a MK2 focus loom should be the same as the headunit is identical

Many thanks for the replies, that's great, easily to confuse myself, so I will settle on it being a MK 6.5 and I will have a look at the cable mentioned.

Worth doing and but before I start planning to fit it, I want to get everything I need in place.

Many Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

Hi, Just to double check, is the one below correct?

https://camaudiotech.com/product/sot-092-ford-03-parrot-iso-sot-adaptor/

I did see this one on eBay but it says SOT-092 but it's not got the o3 on the end, not sure if that makes a difference.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260840050418

Thanks

Martin

6 minutes ago, mealmond said:

Hi, Just to double check, is the one below correct?

https://camaudiotech.com/product/sot-092-ford-03-parrot-iso-sot-adaptor/

I did see this one on Ebay but it says SOT-092 but it's not got the o3 on the end, not sure if that makes a difference.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260840050418

Thanks

Martin

The one on eBay looks good, 

I think you will need to put a wire in to the ignition live when installing; if I remember correctly from fitting parrot kits in the past, 

I recommend using a piggy back fuse adapter for this, 

Saves splicing in to any of the existing wires; find your fuse size then purchase the piggy back adapter, 

Unplug fuse and plug it in to the adaptor, put another fuse in to the adaptor for the new positive feed 

And plug the adaptor in to the fuse hole,

The output then becomes live depending on the fuse you plugged in to, either permanent, with key in the ignition or with the engine running. 

18 minutes ago, mealmond said:

2005 was the year Bosch released the CanBus system and the birth of the mini fuse board, 

Micro came out in 2011 so yours will be either standard or mini but not micro, 

Thanks Lenny, that's great, I will get the eBay one. Thanks for the tip about the live feed, I remember something like that when I installed it in my Fabia, but I think I just squeezed the wire where it needed to go, worked fine but I want to do it right this time.

Thanks for the video as well, I was just looking up how to use them, I presume I just need to find a live feed and go from there.

Martin

14 minutes ago, mealmond said:

Thanks Lenny, that's great, I will get the Ebay one. Thanks for the tip about the live feed, I remember something like that when I installed it in my Fabia, but I think I just squeezed the wire where it needed to go, worked fine but I want to do it right this time.

Thanks for the video as well, I was just looking up how to use them, I presume I just need to find a live feed and go from there.

Martin

Find an ignition live fuse such as the rear window heater fuse, 

Make sure you have the code for the headunit before refitting, 

You will need the serial number of the headunit in order to get the code if you don't have it already, 

Also I've installed a quick charge usb power supply in my mates Toyota Yaris using a piggy back fuse adapter there very useful, sometimes amazon is cheaper than eBay too. Definitely worth shopping around. 

Brilliant, thanks for all the help, I have ordered the cable now, so I choose a fuse and then buy the piggyback fuse to fit, I managed fitting in my last car, so I should be able to do it again.

Thanks for the idea about a usb power supply, I will see how I get on with this and look at that after.

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mealmond said:

Brilliant, thanks for all the help, I have ordered the cable now, so I choose a fuse and then buy the piggyback fuse to fit, I managed fitting in my last car, so I should be able to do it again.

Thanks for the idea about a usb power supply, I will see how I get on with this and look at that after.

Thanks

Martin

No problem, there a great group on here if you need any further assistance feel free to post; I've had to change my profile recently due to my email address getting hacked I lost access to my original profile but I'm on here daily for over the past ten years and created many guides mainly for the focus but transferable to other models too see link: 

Thanks Lenny, can't thank you enough, you have really helped me.

The car is only a 1.25, just a run around, but very low mileage, so once I have got the timing belt done, I hope to just drive and enjoy, but things like the hands free are important.

I'll look at the fuse box tomorrow to see what sizes fuses they are and then I will order a piggy back fuse, I plan to take my time getting this done and install it properly, so no rush for now, just buying everything ready, great video by the way, very helpful.

Martin

• Like 1

Trying to do this today, I have the radio out and I'm starting to connect all the wires, I have noticed, there is the main block for the radio, the aerial but there is also a small connector, with a red tab that was not connected to anything, any ideas on what this could have been for.

The car has the the Sony CD radio, it has the hands free but that does not appear to work, thus fitting the Parrot kit.

Thanks

Martin

IMG_20201017_133413839.jpg

It's not a radio connector, those are all contained within the quadlock and aerial din connector.
Looks most likely to be the spare connector that plugs into the blanks on the demister switch panel which allows the installation of a passenger airbag deactivation switch in the glovebox.
The wire should just supply a power feed to illuminate the deactivation warning light that replaces the blanked button.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, at least I know.

All wired in now, not fully working, testing my patience but will get there.

Martin

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club