Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo wiring help please

Gravy Drillbit

I have a mk5 56 plate fiesta 1.6 tdci. I decided to replace the stereo as it had blown the fuse (incorrect fuse fitted 3amp instead of 15) and needed to put in code (don’t have it!) So I decided to fit my old pioneer avic d3 in instead. I bought a quadlock to iso connector and upon fitting thought I’d check the wires, just to make sure. The yellow power lead is fine, as is the earth, but the red acc lead does not provide power whether ignition is on or off!? Any ideas? Point me in the direction of a decent wiring diagram too please! Thank you 

5 minutes ago, Gravy Drillbit said:

I have a mk5 56 plate fiesta 1.6 tdci. I decided to replace the stereo as it had blown the fuse (incorrect fuse fitted 3amp instead of 15) and needed to put in code (don’t have it!) 

You do realise the radio codes are readily available for free online if you have the serial number.

I forgot to add the stereo was pretty knackered anyway, someone before me has made a right mess of it, I was surprised that it even worked! The face was all bent up, looks like they didn’t know how to remove it!

Correction:

There are two fuses for the radio, one is 3A F44, from ignition switch, Ye/Gn to Pin 2,  and one is 15A F18 from Fuse G, Og/Bk, to pin1, 

Thank you! It seems the 15amp had been replaced with the 3amp and the 3amp was missing (no fuse in f44) strange that original stereo was even working until the fuse blew on me?! 
think I’m good for now, anyone know of a good source for wiring diagrams ?

47 minutes ago, Paulkp said:

Correction:

There are two fuses for the radio, one is 3A F44, from ignition switch, Ye/Gn to Pin 2,  and one is 15A F18 from Fuse G, Og/Bk, to pin1, 

I do get most of my data from a Haynes Manual....(I've got 15 of them...) and some from Reading "Car Mechanics" every moth for about 35 years.......

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club