Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eletrics problem

Dave2

I have a problem with the eletrics on a focus zetec TDI 1600, the electric windows dont work, nor the side mirrors or heater blower. Also the interior light stays on and the ice warning light is illuminated.

This all malfunctioned at the same time so im hopping its just a fuse. Problem is its on my sons car which is 250 miles away so i hopping someone will have a solution that i can pass on to him 

Regards Dave

2 hours ago, Dave2 said:

I have a problem with the eletrics on a focus zetec TDI 1600, the electric windows dont work, nor the side mirrors or heater blower. Also the interior light stays on and the ice warning light is illuminated.

This all malfunctioned at the same time so im hopping its just a fuse. Problem is its on my sons car which is 250 miles away so i hopping someone will have a solution that i can pass on to him 

Regards Dave

I can appreciate you first thought is a fuse, and with the electric windows, side mirrors & heater blower all not working, this may be my first thought too. However, with the interior light staying on permanently, this to me indicates a dodgy earth somewhere. My first port of call would be the battery, and ensure both connections are all clean and tight. Failing that, someone much smarter than me will be along soon!

• Like 1

Many thanks Stephan

Thinking about it youll probably right as several systems use the same cables. Hes an update of probem

Not working : windows, mirrors, blower

Lights staying on :Interior light, hand brake light, ice warning light.

Problem is my sons not local and dosnt hve any tools available so might have to use a garage even though he cant afford it. 

Regards Dave

2 minutes ago, Dave2 said:

Problem is my sons not local and dosnt hve any tools available ...

Well, there's a Santa problem solved! :laugh:

Problem now fixed

Found a video on you tube where someone had a similar problem. Turned out to be the multi plugs on the back of fusebox have a lever which holds them in place

The lever had become lose due to passengers feet/luggage being pushed up beneath fusebox. 

Heres video : https://youtu.be/M1mhF134pd4

• Like 2

Video link doesn't work, but good you got sorted...

1285200775_novideo.thumb.png.faa49b192a093bd4222771846a38c463.png