Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loud screeching sound when reversing

choudhuryahnaf

Hi, I'm new to these forums. Recently, after a few years of driving automatic, I have purchased a manual 2015 Ford fiesta 1.0 ecoboost titanium X model with 125hp. The car is really great and have been enjoying driving it for the last few days. However, I have noticed that the car does struggle a bit uphill. I live in a slightly uphill area and have noticed when reverse parking uphill, the car makes a very loud, almost screeching sound. I've also noticed that when this noise starts occuring that the brake pedal doesn't fully depress so I use the handbrake to hold the car in place. The brake pedal fully depresses after like normal. I'm not sure if this is happening because I'm not adding enough acceleration when reversing up hill, due to still getting used to coming back to manual, or if it is an issue with the car. 

what milage have you got could be a combination of 2 things alternator /fan belt slip and clutch. Get a recording of the sound and post.

Sounds like the hill start assist may be helping you out there. 

When the brake pedal is firm, you should find that the car is being held by the brakes to stop you rolling back (or forward in this case).

The HSA does require more revs to release than you might normally give to ensure the car doesn't roll.  

Try giving it a few more revs and see if the issue is still the same.  You can also turn off the HSA in the settings as a test.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club