Do Not Sell My Personal Information

small oil filter leak

gloves

Hey, I just replaced my oil. Unfortunately before hand I had read online my model of car has a life time filter which isn't removable, but once I removed the shroud i noticed it was there.
It had been leaking every minimally, mostly just oily around the unit and a bit in the cover but unfortunately I hadn't bought a new one so i did the oil change anyway.

I had to use a friend and his tools to do the oil change and frankly I can't be bothered to go through all that again. Should i look at getting this sorted at a garage asap or just check the levels everyday this week and if its OK then live with a bit of a leak?

You can just change it you will lose some oil but you can just top it up again. Its best to have a new one to be on the safe side. 

9 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

You can just change it you will lose some oil but you can just top it up again. Its best to have a new one to be on the safe side. 

Thanks, I didn't realize that.

would anyone be able to help me find the filter i need, having a few issues finding one.

It's the fuel filter that is a non-serviceable, lifetime item on the petrol models. 

oil filters will always need regular changes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club