Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dipped beam

IRONMAN

Hi All, I'm looking for recommendations for (H7) dipped beam bulb upgrade, preferably a pure white without going HID. I've had night breaker laser but their still on the green side, any recommendations would be fantastic, Thanks

It's not possible to get a pure white halogen.  You'd either have to go HID or LED.

I've got Phillips WhiteVision H7s in mine, but they're still a bit yellow.  They now do a WhiteVision Ultra which should be a little whiter again.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not possible to get a pure white halogen.  You'd either have to go HID or LED.

I've got Phillips WhiteVision H7s in mine, but they're still a bit yellow.  They now do a WhiteVision Ultra which should be a little whiter again.

Thanks Tom I should have said white, not pure white sorry 👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Tom is correct, as far as I'm aware even the Philips WhiteVision ultra are rated with a colour temperature of 4200k. I have owned HID and LED in the past, both properly white, but both rated at 6000k.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Tom is correct, as far as I'm aware even the Philips WhiteVision ultra are rated with a colour temperature of 4200k. I have owned HID and LED in the past, both properly white, but both rated at 6000k.

Thanks Stephen, I've heard the HID kits can burn out the wiring, that's why I want to avoid them

I used HID bulbs for over 6 years (before changing to LEDs), the only issue I ever had was the odd ballast failing, and a bulb failing - otherwise, all I had was a very bright beam!

Thought I had a comparison of HIDs, but could only find a photo of LEDs...

1793092109_bulbcomparison.thumb.jpg.db53c03358f2e1e7ddf4ac76f3166abf.jpg

Just found the before/after with HID bulbs...

415929188_beforeafterHIDplateblank.thumb.jpg.6873318dcff5e794ebff3576bf35aef1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I used HID bulbs for over 6 years (before changing to LEDs), the only issue I ever had was the odd ballast failing, and a bulb failing - otherwise, all I had was a very bright beam!

Thought I had a comparison of HIDs, but could only find a photo of LEDs...

1793092109_bulbcomparison.thumb.jpg.db53c03358f2e1e7ddf4ac76f3166abf.jpg

Just found the before/after with HID bulbs...

415929188_beforeafterHIDplateblank.thumb.jpg.6873318dcff5e794ebff3576bf35aef1.jpg

Looks good Stephen, any chance you would have a brand name or supplier, Cheers👍

3 minutes ago, IRONMAN said:

Looks good Stephen, any chance you would have a brand name or supplier, Cheers👍

Sorry buddy, it was a few years ago now, I'm a huge eBay fan so that's 'where' I bought them, but the actual specifics are long gone I'm afraid...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Sorry buddy, it was a few years ago now, I'm a huge Ebay fan so that's 'where' I bought them, but the actual specifics are long gone I'm afraid...

No prob, Thanks

4 hours ago, IRONMAN said:

Thanks Stephen, I've heard the HID kits can burn out the wiring, that's why I want to avoid them

You also can't just stick HIDs in reflector style headlights. You need to change to projectors (most important part). Then install the self levelling motors/wiring and have working headlight washer jets to be road legal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

You also can't just stick HIDs in reflector style headlights. You need to change to projectors (most important part). Then install the self levelling motors/wiring and have working headlight washer jets to be road legal.

You've just reminded me, it's when the law changed to mandate headlight washers that I sought out an LED solution. In all the years I ran HIDs, they passed every MOT, including obviously the headlamp adjustment. As far as I was concerned at the time, they were simply a much superior light that the Victorian filament alternative.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Cheers Luke, I think I'll look for some led's 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club