Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 MK3 focus Titanium Stereo

jonnies1321

Hello All,

New to the site. Im sure someone can answer but im replacing my stereo to a Kenwood and im having aerial issues. I have a black and white Fakra connection on the old unit and which ever way i try it on the kenwood i can seem to get good Fm or DAB coverage? Has anyone over come this issue? Im thinking of just replacing the complete aerial to a Calearo DAB/DAB+/FM/AM Car Aerial one with the connections i need from DAB on wheels. Can anyone advise before i do this? Many thanks

• 1 month later...

A 2011 Focus can either be a late MK2.5 or an early MK3.

In case of an early Focus MK3 the original antenna is active (amplified) by an antenna amplifier between the antenna cable and the antenna base. The antenna amplifier is powered by the original radio. Most aftermarket wiring adapter harnesses for aftermarket radio's do not have the full wiring. In about 90% of all cases the wiring that is needed to power the antenna amplifier is not present or simply not connected to the Yellow/Orange wire of the wiring harness of the car. Apart from this the aftermarket radio needs to have the ability to supply a 12 Volt power signal to power the antenna amplifier.

If the antenna amplifier is not powered the radio reception will be very poor.

On a vehicle without the original DAB audio system the antenna base has an integrated filter that blocks the DAB signal. This type of antenna base is simply not suitable for DAB reception. For DAB reception the antenna base needs to be replaced.

• 4 months later...
On 11/16/2020 at 7:57 PM, JW1982 said:

A 2011 Focus can either be a late MK2.5 or an early MK3.

In case of an early Focus MK3 the original antenna is active (amplified) by an antenna amplifier between the antenna cable and the antenna base. The antenna amplifier is powered by the original radio. Most aftermarket wiring adapter harnesses for aftermarket radio's do not have the full wiring. In about 90% of all cases the wiring that is needed to power the antenna amplifier is not present or simply not connected to the Yellow/Orange wire of the wiring harness of the car. Apart from this the aftermarket radio needs to have the ability to supply a 12 Volt power signal to power the antenna amplifier.

If the antenna amplifier is not powered the radio reception will be very poor.

On a vehicle without the original DAB audio system the antenna base has an integrated filter that blocks the DAB signal. This type of antenna base is simply not suitable for DAB reception. For DAB reception the antenna base needs to be replaced.

hey sorry for bumping this thread

I have a ford focus mk3 zetec 2014, as far as i can tell my car does not have DAB. i can't verify this as i don't have the original stereo that came with the car as when i purchased it the original owner replaced it.

I have installed an aftermarket android stereo with a DAB+ usb connector. I have used a dual fakra to single fakra that would merge both the black and white fakra. I have also purchased a splitter that would split them to FM, DAB and power. i have connected the power to the ACC connector which sends 12v.
I am unable to get DAB signal from this connection. so i'm thinking it's the issue with the antenna base.

Would it just be a straight swap of the attena base or would i need to add the wiring too?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club