Do Not Sell My Personal Information

door seals

michaelburrows

iv noticed one of the rear door seals on my car has started coming away from the door. it looks like its stuck on with some type of glue.  i want to refix it before it gets worse and hangs off.   has anyone any idea which glue/sealant would be best to use.

Stuck mine with super glue. OK so far.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

thanks guys. seems any adhesive then.

3 minutes ago, michaelburrows said:

thanks guys. seems any adhesive then.

I'd suggest leaving the door open for a while to dry; perhaps obvious but nobody said; 

Tiger seal is what I would choose; because it remains flexible when fully cured. Much like chewing gum has a small bit of flex left in it. 

Have the same problem on my Mk4, booked into main dealer on Friday to have it replaced under warranty. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maddave said:

Have the same problem on my Mk4, booked into main dealer on Friday to have it replaced under warranty. 

Yep, coming off on RH front door of my MK4 too.

TVM have probably costed out the spirit wipe process prior to fit.

• Haha 1

pain in the bum.  ivhad lots of different cars. when doors have frozen shut in winter i have literally pulled em open with so much force id thought the handle would come off.   but never had a ***** door seal so much as budge.

• Like 1

Ever had a 306?  I snapped the driver's door handle off 3 of those damn cars.  Only one was in ice lol!!  It's not like I'm particularly strong either...thankfully tech moved on to the tougher pull handles instead of the old flat lifters lol. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ever had a 306?  I snapped the driver's door handle off 3 of those damn cars

That's the French and their bio-degradeable plastic. I'd never buy another French car. :shocking:

• Like 1

I broke the door handle on a Mondeo trying to get it open when the door was frozen shut. Since then, at the start of each winter I give the rubber door seals a coat of Gummi Pflege. Never had a door frozen shut since.