Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST3 -2012 Turnier Horn Help

GibboST

Hello everyone, 

Got my MOT coming up for the Focus. I have been doing the pre MOT check as you do. 

I since lockdown, I have not been driving much at all. I hopped in the ST today to check the horn, not a single toot was heard. 

I have replaced the Relays, and replaced the fuses. 
I am getting the clicking noise from the relays.

I think I now need to check the connections of the actual Horn. However I am struggling to find a definitive answer about how to do this. I can't find any videos for a mk2.5 pre facelift model. 

I really don't want to get stung for a big bill if someone only plugs and unplugs the horn. 

I have done services on my cars etc, but not delved into any work on the horn before so any help would be really appreciated. 

This is the car I have to avoid any confusion. 

FORD Focus ST Estate specs & photos - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,  2018, 2019, 2020 - autoevolution

Thanks in advance 

Horn is accessed by removing the engine undertray, then the bumper under tray. 

Hi Ian,

Thanks for this, is this doable if I jack the car up and get under it or will i need a ramp? 

Just jack it up ( obviously use axle stands if you getting under car)  and you can get the undertray off. 

Sounds like a common problem from videos I've just found,
I know you have a different grill but the location of the horn will be the same if you can get to it.

Just to add for your future searches, your Focus is a Mk3 (the .5 means it's a Facelift model), my 2015 Focus Estate is a Mk3.5 (Facelift)

• Like 1

I had the same problem on my old 63 plate Focus but after searching Google found that if you just hit the actual horn with something like a large screwdriver handle, then it may just work...sure enough it worked a treat. 😉

On the Mk2, to access the actual horn, all you need to do is remove the shroud under the bonnet that sits between the radiator and front slam panel, 6 x screws, then you can see the horn trumpet mounted on the front frame.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club