Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What reg should I get

sugarbabe

I am thinking of getting either an 05 or 06 plate. I want an 06 plate, but I was just a bit worried about getting the 06 because it's not supposed to get an MOT until 2009. Have you guys heard of many 3 year old cars failing their MOT's. Sorry for going on a bit haha.

Hiya

No iv not hurd of many 06 (3yr) old cars failing there mot i work in a garage i dont know of any 3yr old car thats failed its mot, If you get in done a month before its 3yrs old you never know it mey still be coverd under warranty?

The only things you got to look out for that it may fail on is tyres/lights/wipers/breaks service items if you keep the service up to date and that it should fly thru!

I wish you the best of luck :P :rolleyes::unsure::ph34r:

i agree with mondo80 never had a three year old car fail yet get the mot done earley and get and major problems fixed under warenty

As above. Usually at the first MOT there is no problems. Good luck and get soe pics up when you have bought it!

thanx guys for your replies,ive been stressing now for over a month on what colour and reg i want. ive finally decided now and will be going to order my car today. The MOT will be due february 2009 and my warranty wont expire untill another year dated from now so if anythink did go wrong ill be ok coz i have the warranty. :rolleyes:

Apparently you can do it a month before the mot expirary date.

Thats it you can do it a month before its due ie if your mot was due 11th september 2008 you can get the mot done 12th of august 2008,

Dont foget the pic's what coluour did you go for in the end?

Glad you have sorted it now :rolleyes::unsure::lol: :P :o :huh: ;) :ph34r::lol: :P :o :rolleyes::unsure::blink:

• 3 months later...

Hi i'm new here but i think there maybe a little confusion regarding the mot test here, it's true that when you go for an mot one month before your old one expires if the car passes the new certificate is dated from the expiry date of the old one, however this does not apply to a cars first ever mot which will be dated as the date the car actually passes the test even if the car is presented for test one month before the car is three years old.

sorry if this seems a bit off for a first post folks, no offence intended but i learned this the hard way and would prefer to pass the info on to others rather than anyone else make the same mistake.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club