Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 TDCI Injectors (2009)

Karate_Man

Hi, 

My Focus is experiencing the common injector problem. I've replaced all the injectors, EGR valve and fuel filter, but I'm still getting faults with injectors and getting Engine Malfunction light and limp mode. Any suggestions what else to check? I'm not a mechanic but I know that the fault codes are the same each time, P0203 and P0123. 

It's a 1.8 TDCI Duratorq engine, 2009.

Thanks in advance. 

On 10/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, Karate_Man said:

Hi, 

My Focus is experiencing the common injector problem. I've replaced all the injectors, EGR valve and fuel filter, but I'm still getting faults with injectors and getting Engine Malfunction light and limp mode. Any suggestions what else to check? I'm not a mechanic but I know that the fault codes are the same each time, P0203 and P0123. 

It's a 1.8 TDCI Duratorq engine, 2009.

Thanks in advance. 

According to the internet, P0203 typically relates to a "injector circuit malfunction" on cylinder 3 (it could be an fault within the wiring loom) and P0123 appears to relate to an issue with the TPS A (throttle position sensor A), bear in mind that it could be the associated wiring that has a fault/break rather than the sensor itself having a fault.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club