Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Galaxy stalling and lots of gas to barely move. Help please.

ought

Hello,

Could anybody advise please?

This morning, taking my daughter to school, my Ford Galaxy 2.0 Diesel (2015) stalled going through some width restrictions barriers. I restarted it, it went forward half a metre, I did it again, and a queue built up behind me. A few more times and I manged to get through and slowly crawl up hill. I just about managed to get to the school as it was downhill.

Coming home it again stalled once, but I found as long as I was very careful with the clutch and used a lot of gas I could keep the car moving in first gear, even up hill but ever so slowly. I had to almost floor it to go at 11 miles an hour.

If I tried second gear the car would move much slower, threaten to stall, and require a lot more gas, so I stayed in first.

By the time I got home I had a warning saying "Engine service Now".

There is plenty of petrol in the car and it worked perfectly last night.

And ideas? Thank you.

UPDATE

I looked under the bonnet, as I should have done before coming on here, and it seems a pipe connecting to the air filter box has come disconnected.

Could this be the source of the problem? And if so might it have done any damage? Thanks.

disconnectedtubeS.jpg

That would do it, can't see it having done any damage such a short time. The mag sensor wouldn't have been seeing any air flow that why it was hardly running.

2 hours ago, ought said:

...my Ford Galaxy 2.0 Diesel (2015) stalled going through some width restrictions barriers....

There is plenty of petrol in the car and it worked perfectly last night.

Thought I'd found the issue there! :wink:

As above, the loose pipe won't have done any damage.  Reconnect it and you should be good to go. :smile: