Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Fog lights to DRL

Baileymex

HI all

Random question, do you think it is possible to 'code' the front Fogs of a 2016 Sport to be on all the time and act as DRL's? or would it have to be a hard wire job?

Pop in a decent LED bulb and may look a lot better than the candles that are in the standard halogen headlights

Thanks in advance

Just pop LEDs in place of your Halogens, makes everything better (and easier than coding changes).

That was going to be my next job, but just thought having a stand alone DRL lower in the bumper might look just as good if not better, didn't really want to hack about looms, so wondered if there was coding that could make the Fog light run when the engine is started?

Don't forget the front fog are cornering lights, not just fogs, so it makes the logic a bit more complex if you expect them to be DRLS! In the US/Canada, they have lights (DRLS??) on the fog surrounds, where we get a chrome trim.

2 minutes ago, simonb65 said:

Don't forget the front fog are cornering lights, not just fogs, 

Are they? I didn't realise that, mind you I wouldn't have seen that when driving, might give it a go later.

Cheers for the heads up

I think they kick in at less than 18mph, above that they both revert to whatever the front fogs are set to.

Learn something new every day!!

Thanks

Also, they are the wrong position for DRL and would invalidate the homologation data for the European Edge.

They used to be called the construction and use regulations and almost certainly doing it would be an MOT failure.

Don't do it.

H

• Like 1

Fog lights must not be repurposed as drl as the light output is incorrect plus if they sre still connected to a foglight switch you are breaking the law which states that foglights should not be used unless road visibility is substantially reduced by weather conditions.
Far safer and legal to just fit a set of standalone led drl lights elsewhere which have all the correct dedicated wiring and relays in place.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club