Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing belt change

Sam1976

Hi all. I've got a 2014 fiesta zetec s tdci. 67,000 miles on the clock. I'm thinking of changing the timing belt at 75,000 when I have it serviced next. Ford say 150,000 but I'd rather do it earlier. Anyone had a timing belt snap sooner than 75.000? Don't know whether to do it now or leave it till the service

It's all a gamble. Look hard enough on the internet and people will tell you theirs has snapped at 20k miles.

I thought the recommended interval was 125k miles or 10 years (whichever is sooner) rather than 150k, which does seem a bit high.

I'd hold off till 10 years or 100k if it was my car, but up to you at the end of the day if you want to get it done for piece of mind. 

Ford dealer here in Egypt change the timing belt every 140k km ( 87500 miles ) , they say that this is what ford specifies for Egypt

8 hours ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

Ford dealer here in Egypt change the timing belt every 140k km ( 87500 miles ) , they say that this is what ford specifies for Egypt

It's strange how different country's operate different schedules on what are essentially the same vehicles. 

Having to change a cambelt on a modern fiesta will soon be a thing of the past with ford no longer making diesel variant and 1.0 ecoboost now chain . 

• Like 1

I guess Egypt is classed as 'arduous conditions' for servicing?  Hot, dry, dusty, lots of slow stop start traffic, etc?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Having to change a cambelt on a modern fiesta will soon be a thing of the past with ford no longer making diesel variant and 1.0 ecoboost now chain . 

The latest version of the 1.0 ECOboost may have a timing chain between the crankshaft and the camshaft but it also has a wetbelt between the crankshaft and the oil pump (and on automatic transmission versions also the balancing shaft).

Changing the cambelt may become a thing of the past but changing the wetbelt will still be necessary on the 1.0 ECOboost.

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Just downloaded the Fiesta price list (which is dated 28 September). The diesel is gone, but the funny thing is it states that the information is for the sole use of authorised Ford dealers only and various things are highlighted in yellow. Not looked in detail, but I did notice that, with the odd exception like the Vignale and ST steering wheels, everything that used to say "leather" now says "sensico". So less cows are now killed in the manufacture of your Ford.😃

3 hours ago, iantt said:

I've never been able to understand why they stopped using chain drive.   My Granada Scorpio was chain and it did 170,000 miles with no problem at all.

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I guess Egypt is classed as 'arduous conditions' for servicing?  Hot, dry, dusty, lots of slow stop start traffic, etc?

correct for a great extent, may be they classify Egypt as a ( severe duty usage ) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

An instant photo of where I’m now , with my little baby in blue wave 😁😁

C693392E-A9BB-4F2F-8537-B9521FDBBFDD.jpeg

• Like 1

And rubish by the looks of it nice to see the sun though

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The latest version of the 1.0 ECOboost may have a timing chain between the crankshaft and the camshaft but it also has a wetbelt between the crankshaft and the oil pump (and on automatic transmission versions also the balancing shaft).

Changing the cambelt may become a thing of the past but changing the wetbelt will still be necessary on the 1.0 ECOboost.

Forgot about that little wet belt. There's no change recommendation on the service schedules so I'm betting ford are hoping it lasts a good while. 

3 hours ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

An instant photo of where I’m now , with my little baby in blue wave 😁😁

C693392E-A9BB-4F2F-8537-B9521FDBBFDD.jpeg

That colour really does stand out! :biggrin:  

Are you guys still under lockdown?  I guess there are usually more people about?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Are you guys still under lockdown?  I guess there are usually more people about?

All the people are in Costa or KFC. Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There is no lockdown but today there was an important football match so most of people were at home 😁😁

2 hours ago, iantt said:

All the people are in Costa or KFC. Lol 

How did you know ?!! I was at costa while taking this photo and KFC is just beside costa wall to wall 😂😂

• Haha 2

Ha ha, my spy satellite located you! My agent on the ground just sent me this.

Screenshot_20201017-204945.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, iantt said:

Ha ha, my spy satellite located you! My agent on the ground just sent me this.

Screenshot_20201017-204945.png

This is it !! You are increasing my curiosity 😂😂 again how did you know 😁😁

Ah , you searched for furniture town on google maps 😂😂 let me tell you my friend that you are the one who was too curious to know @iantt 😂😂

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

Ah , you searched for furniture town on google maps 😂😂 let me tell you my friend that you are the one who was too curious to know @iantt 😂😂

Ha ha, you found me out. 😂😂😂. So easy to find out with Google and Google maps. 

• Haha 1