Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio logos

DaveG1975

Just noticed that you all seem to have cars with sync 3.4 well that's what I'm guessing due to your cars years.

i was wondering will this work on sync 3.0? i don't want to try it and end up bricking my radio or something because that would be just my luck.

3 minutes ago, billybob66 said:

Just noticed that you all seem to have cars with sync 3.4 well that's what I'm guessing due to your cars years.

i was wondering will this work on sync 3.0? i don't want to try it and end up bricking my radio or something because that would be just my luck.

Most just got 3.4 very recently. Cars made 2019 had 3.3 , well mine did. I’m pretty sure 3.0 to 3.4 is doable. I’ve seen threads on here about that . Somebody will point you in the right direction...

13 minutes ago, billybob66 said:

Officially this won’t work on Sync 3.0, it’s for Sync 3.2 and higher. If you were to get a hold of the Sync 3.4 update from Ford it would refuse to install on 3.0.

There is an unofficial way to upgrade 3.0 to 3.4 using cyanlabs updater. 

That method uses a leaked Ford reformat tool which repartitions the APIM storage for the Sync 3.4 file system.

3.4 has a few issues running on older APIMs, one of which is a flicker when the screen brightness changes when dimming is set to auto.

11 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Most just got 3.4 very recently. Cars made 2019 had 3.3 , well mine did. I’m pretty sure 3.0 to 3.4 is doable. I’ve seen threads on here about that . Somebody will point you in the right direction...

cheers alex.s

noticed that ford seems to do things strangely with its updates, im on sync3 but got f9 maps about 3 months ago but no 3.4 update being offered.

Yet people with sync 3.4 have had to wait months for f9 maps.

one day maybe we will all get things together

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colinmcg71 said:

Officially this won’t work on Sync 3.0, it’s for Sync 3.2 and higher. If you were to get a hold of the Sync 3.4 update from Ford it would refuse to install on 3.0.

There is an unofficial way to upgrade 3.0 to 3.4 using cyanlabs updater. 

That method uses a leaked Ford reformat tool which repartitions the APIM storage for the Sync 3.4 file system.

3.4 has a few issues running on older APIMs, one of which is a flicker when the screen brightness changes when dimming is set to auto.

Thank you for that info, i will just have to wait for 3.4 to be offered but i won't hold my breath.

read about the cyanlabs updater but knowing my luck it will go belly up as they say.

• Like 1

Plugged usb stick in this morning to update logos and I got this error any ideas please 

825DCC1A-7D57-491E-882A-12FC92E263FA.jpeg

13 hours ago, DaveG1975 said:

How about that ?

3F32F9EE-8791-4A34-BBB5-EBD11A73BCE6.jpeg

It should say SyncMyRide, not SynnMyRide, that's probably causing the LST error (i.e it can't find the file listed in the autoinstall.LST file)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It should say SyncMyRide, not SynnMyRide, that's probably causing the LST error (i.e it can't find the file listed in the autoinstall.LST file)

More proof that whoever is responsible for Ford software development has no concept of QC/testing.  Even the most basic functional test would pick this (I doubt the typo is intentional because that would mean the software code is actually expecting the typo'd folder name)

1 minute ago, FatHead1979 said:

More proof that whoever is responsible for Ford software development has no concept of QC/testing.  Even the most basic functional test would pick this (I doubt the typo is intentional because that would mean the software code is actually expecting the typo'd folder name)

This isn't Ford's fault, Dave was trying to create the update himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

This isn't Ford's fault, Dave was trying to create the update himself.

Ah, I (incorrectly it seems) assumed he'd extracted a zip file.  (It wouldn't be the 1st time that users have had to correct file/folder structure issues when trying to manually update Sync.)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Very brave still using Windows 7 this late in 2020 lol

I'm still using it on my desktop PC. Even though I've been using Windows 10 on a laptop for a couple of years I still prefer Windows 7. I hate Windows 10 with a passion :angry:

Micro$oft is still supporting MSE on W7 so with that, the firewall and some strong passwords I hope to keep using it for a long time yet.

• Like 2

before breaking stuff - over the weekend ForScan has just released a new version blocking nasty cables from programming and there is also yet another firmware update (14 oct 2020) for GOOD cables

I guess if programming (with affordable tools) you should not try without forscan 2.44 and an ODB Link ex running 5.6.5 firmware, if you're not in this place you shouldn't be trying (and I don't believe they have all the bugs out yet.... but they are making good headway)

https://www.scantool.net/downloads/updates/obdlink_ex/

• Like 1

Got the logos update to work this time thanks for everyone help 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Just updated the latest version of SYNC that is available but still cannot get any DAB logos.  Have had a look through some of the other posts and I feel that I’ve downloaded and updated everything correctly?

Post a screenshot of what you have on USB stick so we can see it. It's possible something has been altered or corrupted during transfer that's what happened to me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club