Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car doesn't always start at first key

avlad
聽Share

Hello everyone,

Most probably this question has been answered already a number of times, maybe someone can send me to the proper thread.

My '09 Fiesta 1.4 petrol sometimes doesn't startup on first key turn, after I wait for the dash lights to turn off. Second key starts with no issues. The engine doesn't even turn it just makes a flat noise and nothing. Is it a normal thing for them or is something I should have checked asap?

All my friends who own the same car encounter it when they switch off the car after a short drive and try to switch it on again with minutes, but to mine it happens even randomly when I switch it on the first time of the day.

Thank you very much聽馃檪

check spark plugs and fuel filter would be a good start and maybe use so injector cleaner.

7 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

check spark plugs and fuel filter would be a good start and maybe use so injector cleaner.

If it doesn't even turn over then it can't be any of those things...

The only thing I can think of is a low key battery.

sorry didn't read fully if engine doesn't turn then that would be low voltage on car battery. If key was flat it would be even more聽flat second time.

I had same symptoms on a 2012 vauxhall zafira tourer all be it diesel had to go back to the garage 4 times before solved as intermittent fault. Told it wasn't being driven far enough so diesel particulate was clogging. Due to lock down it was only doing short journeys anyway cut a long story short it was a sensor in the fuel rail and new turbo however that was making a moose noise once engine stopped so 2 different faults.聽

12 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

I had same symptoms on a 2012 vauxhall zafira tourer all be it diesel had to go back to the garage 4 times before solved as intermittent fault. Told it wasn't being driven far enough so diesel particulate was clogging. Due to lock down it was only doing short journeys anyway cut a long story short it was a sensor in the fuel rail and new turbo however that was making a moose noise once engine stopped so 2 different faults.聽

I don't drive the car long enough either, I live on a small island so all drives are maximum 20-25 mins :(. I will have it checked by a car electrician and let him know of these issues, maybe it will get solved.

On another note, what do you guys think, if the problem doesn't get solved will it deteriorate in time until I won't be able to start the car, or it will stay this way?

8 hours ago, avlad said:

I don't drive the car long enough either, I live on a small island so all drives are maximum 20-25 mins :(. I will have it checked by a car electrician and let him know of these issues, maybe it will get solved.

On another note, what do you guys think, if the problem doesn't get solved will it deteriorate in time until I won't be able to start the car, or it will stay this way?

I doubt it's any of those either. You car has neither a turbo or DPF filter...

This is just a Mk7 quirk I think.聽 Have seen it mentioned lots of times without any real fix.聽 The best solution seems to be to turn the key more slowly as the immobiliser is getting confused.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club