Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Montune Just Upgrade/map My Ecu?

Jason Tierney

11 members have voted

1. 1. Montune to offer standalond ECU Remap?

• Yay
    • Nay

Good point when you insure the mountune upgraded car there is the option 140 upgrade listed

On that point, on every car insurance site which ive tried (e.g. confused.com etc), it only lists 2009 and 2010 "Fiesta (140 Upgrade)." I've got a 2008 Fiesta so how would I correctly insure it as a Mountune without adding each modification separately?

As Dave says, you should always declare modifications to the insurance because you could end up invalidating your insurance..

Andrew,

We won't have any more power bits on show at FordFair, we will (all being well) have some show special deals on our new rear diffuser panels, front apron / splitter and rear spoiler extensions!

Cheers,

Dave

Andrew,

We won't have any more power bits on show at FordFair, we will (all being well) have some show special deals on our new rear diffuser panels, front apron / splitter and rear spoiler extensions!

Cheers,

Dave

many thanks dave i will bring my credit card

• 1 month later...

It's not the same, and it DOES void your warranty.

The ONLY upgrade parts that don't affect your warranty are from Mountune Performance. When the calibration is applied your vehicles details are updated in Ford's ETIS system which means when a dealer plugs their IDS into it they can see it has the official upgrade installed and thus doesn't affect your warranty.

Any other modifications, including Pumaspeed's offering which is similar - not the same...does not offer this, nor does it have the same calibration as the one used in the Mountune 140 kit. Don't be fooled by what any ill-informed dealers or tuners might tell you, the above is 100% fact.

A remap or calibration on its own will do very little... it was hard enough to get an additional 20PS from the engine within the confines of our remit and the cost to engineer and sign-off something that doesn't really add anything would be huge and relatively pointless.

Just as a side note: For those that are a little more power hungry you might just see an additional stage of tune to compliment the existing 140 kit in the not too distant future!

Dave is there anymore info on the additional stage of tune

I checked my insurance and the upgrade took it to 2300 quid, but that its too bad considering for some reason my age made my insurance go up from 1200 to 1800 this year :(