Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise From 1.6 Petrol

DeeBe

Evening all. I nooticed whilst driving this evening, that everytime I throttle on (either revving from tickover or applying throttle after changing gear) I get a sort of 'clunk/rattle' like when an engine is about to stall. Its like a metallic knock, and only lasts a split second. There is no problems such as loss of power etc. and there are no DTC's.

It sounds like its coming from the engine, but I have no idea what it could be. Any ideas you knowledgable lot??

Cheers, Dave.

could be an engine mount

you will usually see ovement ie with the bonnet open get someone to rev the engine slightly and look for a lot of movement the engine should move sllightly but no more than thet try have a look at the mounts and see if any look damaged it could also be related to the gearbox if it happens when changing gear or driveshaft as well

I took it to my mechanic. It seems I was driving it 'wrong' (no joke!)

I drove Diesels for years and lived on the clutch, (simply lifting the clutch pedal would result in a good bit of movement), so as a result, I was keeping the revs too low in my petrol Focus, and it was the engine 'pinking'!

The car is fine! Thanks for the suggestions though guys.

Ha ha ha! I'm so stupid sometimes!!!

Dave

I took it to my mechanic. It seems I was driving it 'wrong' (no joke!)

I drove Diesels for years and lived on the clutch, (simply lifting the clutch pedal would result in a good bit of movement), so as a result, I was keeping the revs too low in my petrol Focus, and it was the engine 'pinking'!

The car is fine! Thanks for the suggestions though guys.

Ha ha ha! I'm so stupid sometimes!!!

Dave

i keep hearing that term: 'pinking', what is it?

i keep hearing that term: 'pinking', what is it?

i was actually going to suggest pinking as the cause, as my engine used to do it sometimes even with loads of revs

pinking is pretty much when the fuel doesnt ignite properly, and it causes a 'knocking sound' ( i think)

I switched to using a higher octane fuel (super unleaded or v-power) and it cured it on my engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club