Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering issue

James14

Hi guys

I have a 2017 Ford focus 1.5 diesel, been back to dealer twice because the car will go to the right... They said it was tracking on both occasions even though its happening after each time they track it... Any ideas as what it could be? 

11 hours ago, James14 said:

Hi guys

I have a 2017 Ford focus 1.5 diesel, been back to dealer twice because the car will go to the right... They said it was tracking on both occasions even though its happening after each time they track it... Any ideas as what it could be? 

Try somewhere else for 'tracking. I had to return my car 3 times for a similar issue, they actually brought me into the workshop, and showed me the machine and how 'correct' the adjustment was. Took it somewhere else and it left perfect. I believe it was down to the incorrect calibration of their machine.

Not sure whether Ford still put it on their cars, or indeed whether your 2017 has it, but the Pull Drift Compensation used to cause drifting/pulling problems. Many people, including myself, had it switched off.

See JW1982 (2nd post down) on following link:

Note: JW says "When a wheel alignment is performed on a Focus MK3 /MK3.5 the Pull Drift Compensation must be reset. Not doing the reset will cause problems like for example the car pulling/drifting to one side."

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club