Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnetic paint colour

jsk

Hi all

Just been onto the ford website to price up a new Fiesta and noticed that it looks like they have discontinued the Magnetic paint version. So far have checked Titanium, Titanium X and Vignale none of them showing a Magnetic version.

Shame really as I considered this one of the better colours after they got rid of  the Deep Impact Blue.

• Sad 1

Yes, as mentioned on @Bobr's Stolen Fiesta thread, did the same thing the other day. Quite fancied Magnetic if I get another Ford, too. I wonder if it's all part of the drive to cut down the possible build combinations as many manufacturers seem to be doing at the mo.

That's really disappointing.  I've had a midnight sky fiesta for 4-5 years, if I stick with ford it will be either magnetic fiesta or focus next. Sticking with ford is less likely if only one of those are available. 

only colours available now for st line x

Capture.JPG

It seems that they are the only colours for the whole Fiesta line.

Have noticed Titaniums and Vignales have the options of Chrome Blue which doesn't look to bad. Might go for that this time next year if Ford doesn't change their mind again.

Just checked the ford site, Magnetic is available on all 2021 Fiesta Models,but strangely, at different prices, depending on which model you chose

Looks like they have dropped the desert island blue now too

27 minutes ago, Danny E said:

Just checked the ford site, Magnetic is available on all 2021 Fiesta Models,but strangely, at different prices, depending on which model you chose

Happy again now they have brought the Magnetic back.

18 hours ago, Danny E said:

So it is! Weird - I wonder if it was a glitch with the configurator (not unknown) or Mr Ford has been reading the site and noted our concerns?😃

I found the withdrawal of the colour rather strange.   Everyone who's seen mine loves the colour.

Dont think it was a withdrawal of the colour range, just the site being updated to reflect some small changes to 2021 MY Fiesta models

Yes Chrome Blue is still available plus a new colour I believe called Freedome Blue

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Danny E said:

Yes Chrome Blue is still available plus a new colour I believe called Freedome Blue

Still no desert island blue maybe that's because red cars go faster than blue lol - good job i got ford touch up paint before it all sold out 

Capture.JPG

5 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Still no desert island blue maybe that's because red cars go faster than blue lol 

Absolutely - I've found that Race Red adds at least 5-10mph and clips at least 2 seconds off your 0-60 time! And it's the free colour so why spend up to £650 more on another colour only to make your car slower?

Unfortunately I made that up - it does look smart on an ST or ST-L, though, and I've found it quite good at still looking fairly clean even when the car's absolutely filthy - which mine is at the moment!😃

• Haha 2

£250 for Frozen White?  What a rip off...they just lacquer the undercoat don't they? 🤭

Also, surely 'Freedome' is a typo?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

£250 for Frozen White?  What a rip off...they just lacquer the undercoat don't they? 🤭

Nah, speeling mistooks are trendee these dayz!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

White was a "free" colour on most makes as far back as I can remember, usually along with red and a nondescript blue. We last got it foc on a Mk 7 Fiesta in early 2012, Ford started charging shortly after that, with others quickly following suit.

Never really understood the basis for paint charges (other than they do it because they can). Sure, metallic costs more than flat red, but £650 on a Fiesta? Really?  Back when I used to buy a lot of fleet vehicles, we got a discount for ordering vans without the factory top coat (ie in primer) then negotiated a deal with manufacturers to have our corporate colour factory applied as a special vehicle option at pretty nominal cost. (Can't remember the exact figures, it's a long time ago now and as I'm sure Tom will point out, we were still using groats then!😃

Tried that Freedome (or whatever) Blue on the configurator and wasn't keen. Do like the Chrome Blue, though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

we were still using groats then!😃

Is that some sort of animal?

• Haha 1

Lol no, I was using the correct spelling there, Bobl😃

A groat was a 4 pence piece.   John 'o Groats is supposed to have got its name from the fee a boatman charged for his ferry.   That is rather doubtful though.   The last groat was issued in 1856 although they are still included in Maundy sets.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club