Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Tdcii Bluefin From Superchips

Lighting

maybe is worth to have it properly fitted in car service

Ok got it out mate. Can you help as where to find the clip to plug it in

had a look there but cant find the red one.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• benholden2008

• Lighting

• tone

• mrobins64495

Ok got it out mate. Can you help as where to find the clip to plug it in

had a look there but cant find the red one.

as Ben said, it is left to battery box, but quite low under engine.

i should of really done a guide when i did mine as i havent got any pictures, and to be honest it would be difficult to get a picture of the clip because you can only just about see it. once you have everything removed reach down the right side of the engine and you will see a little red clip, its the only one around that area so dont be affraid it might be the wrong one, simply unclip and connect to tuning box.

i should of really done a guide when i did mine as i havent got any pictures, and to be honest it would be difficult to get a picture of the clip because you can only just about see it. once you have everything removed reach down the right side of the engine and you will see a little red clip, its the only one around that area so dont be affraid it might be the wrong one, simply unclip and connect to tuning box.

Found it, plugged in box and put everything backl to where it was. Might i say............oh @@@@!!!! Something has gone horribly wrong. When i start the engine it sounds is if someone is tapping on the accelerator lightly (short bursts of revs to roughly 1500rpm) then the engine stalls. Also a loud cranking noise? any ideas, or did any of you have this problem?

oh that dosen't sound very good! with disconnecting the battery and ecu you cause the whole car to basically reset itself, which is why it might idle abit lumpy for the first few minutes, but certainly not that drastic where it cuts out. is the engine management light on? i would try turning the box right down, start it up, leave it idle for 5minutes then adjust the box. if this disent work try removing the box and putting the car back to standard, if the problem still persists then its possible you have damaged something whilst removing the various components, (e.g ECU)

Found it, plugged in box and put everything backl to where it was. Might i say............oh @@@@!!!! Something has gone horribly wrong. When i start the engine it sounds is if someone is tapping on the accelerator lightly (short bursts of revs to roughly 1500rpm) then the engine stalls. Also a loud cranking noise? any ideas, or did any of you have this problem?

My guess would be a bad connection or something wrong with the box. Get in touch with the Tuning box company as they have likely experienced similar problems in past so know ways to solve them.

Yeah it's the box, cars back to standard now and its fine. So im going to send it back to them and see what they say.

Cheers for all the help any way.

I would ask for some money off for all the trouble it's caused you, I certainly wouldn't be very happy if I had to go through all that, twice, for nothing

• 3 weeks later...

so I went with car to diagnostics to confirm the lamp is caused by a emission problem. But is not. It is error P0098 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High.

I have already sent this to the TDI Tuning, let's see what is their response. I won't leave like this. Will keep you updated.

Btw, so far I happy with the tuning box result, I can see the power increase, better fuel efficiency, but obviously nobody wants to be driving car with error lamp on :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Problem sorted, everything works fine. Anyone needing a help when plugging the box, let me know, I give some guides to save you some hours of fitting.

glad to hear everythings ok, just adveraged 60MPG over 2000miles with mine, was lucky to see 48mgp before, and the torque gains are fantastic

• 3 weeks later...

glad to hear everythings ok, just adveraged 60MPG over 2000miles with mine, was lucky to see 48mgp before, and the torque gains are fantastic

hi i am new to this site and i am looking to get one of these boxes. i guess they are well worth the moeny but ive read that a few people are having some problems, i dont want to void my warrenty as i only got the car in march this year, is the box removable and will the garage not know anything has been plugged in? cheers

hi and welcome,

It will void your warrenty if you leave it plugged in and they find it, but i've had mine in to ford twice since fitting the box and always left it plugged in, but well hidden and never had any problems. Even had one of the service managers say to me it seems alot nippier than the rest of the tdci's, i just shrugged at him and said 'really?' lol. also if you have any problems when fitting the box or after fitting it, just remove it and take it to ford, they wont have a clue you had a tuning box on it. let us know how you get on

hi and welcome,

It will void your warrenty if you leave it plugged in and they find it, but i've had mine in to ford twice since fitting the box and always left it plugged in, but well hidden and never had any problems. Even had one of the service managers say to me it seems alot nippier than the rest of the tdci's, i just shrugged at him and said 'really?' lol. also if you have any problems when fitting the box or after fitting it, just remove it and take it to ford, they wont have a clue you had a tuning box on it. let us know how you get on

Hi thanks, I think I will be ordering one in a few weeks time :) I will just unplug it before it goes for a service and re plug it in after, so

Does it not have any effect on ecu? Cheers

I will just unplug it before it goes for a service and re plug it in after, so

mate, trust me, after you install it you won't say this again ;)

Problem sorted, everything works fine. Anyone needing a help when plugging the box, let me know, I give some guides to save you some hours of fitting.

Can you post the guides please as looking to do this but would like to see the fitting guides first :)

Thanks

mate, trust me, after you install it you won't say this again ;)

Haha are they that bad to fit like?

its just one of them things were you fit it and think, 'fhew, wont be taking that off again', easier to just hide it somewere so it'll never be seen :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This is my first post here, I've just bought a 09 mk7 Fiesta and am loving it so far!

Thing is, I've bought a tuning box to experiment with, but I think I plugged it into the wrong socket... I know this is an old thread, but someone mentioned a guide?

A guide would be very helpful to me right now, as the socket you all seem to be talking about isn't the one I've found... Any help would be appreciated!

Did anyone try the 'remove the near side wheel' method?

Thanks in advance for any advice :D

Would be interesting to know where you've plugged it into, I have a guide, if you PM me your email I will send as soon as I can

Standing at the front bumper and looking at the engine, the four injectors can be seen along the top with a plastic guide holding the wiring connecting them all together.

On the left hand side of this wiring, part of the loom loops down the back of the engine and plugs in underneath and slightly to the left of the number one injector. You need to be a bit double jointed to get to it, but the plug and socket is exactly the same as the one on my new box loom.

Anyway, I got it plugged and connected up, but the engine wouldn't start at all and the enigine malfunction warning came up. Disconnected the box and everything ran fine.

Tried again, same result. In each case, the engine malfunction warning would stay until I'd started the engine a couple of times after removing the box, then it would go back to normal.

Scratching my head, I went to the internet and found this thread, and eveyone talking about a red plug on the bottom right of the engine... It seems this is exactly opposite the plug I found lol

Phew... Found it now, got it plugged in ;)

Hard to tell whether it's giving me more power or economy yet, it took so long to get it in I only had time for a short ride to make sure nothing blew up, but initial signs are good.

My only worry now is where to put the box, anybody got any good ideas? All suggestions gratefully received! :D

P.S. Thanks to Ben for the guide, I'm not sure I would have had the guts to strip out half my engine bay without knowing what I was looking for!

Phew... Found it now, got it plugged in ;)

Hard to tell whether it's giving me more power or economy yet, it took so long to get it in I only had time for a short ride to make sure nothing blew up, but initial signs are good.

My only worry now is where to put the box, anybody got any good ideas? All suggestions gratefully received! :D

P.S. Thanks to Ben for the guide, I'm not sure I would have had the guts to strip out half my engine bay without knowing what I was looking for!

Hi Guys

I got my tuning box from http://tuning-diesels.com

They supply you with a connecting cable that extends the connections up into the engine compartment close to the battery making it easy to remove the tuning box should you need to and allows you to adjust it.

I've had my box for a few years now and I've had it on a 2005 2.0ltr Ford Mondeo, a 2009 1.8ltr Ford Connect and now on my 2010 Fiesta Van. Each time I change vehicles I send it back to them, they re-map the box charge me £10 plus postage. They even threw in the extention cable for free. Great service and a great product.

Hope this helps.

Glad you managed to fit it. quite suprised you havent noticed a difference! i noticed a performance difference straight away. As for MPG i was adveraging about 46 then reset it when i installed the box, now getting 58 and it gets driven pretty hard most of the time

Im pretty sure there is a difference, I guess the problem is I'd only had the car a week before fitting the box... I didn't have a chance to get used to it before the boost!

Maybe I need to turn it off for a while to compare :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club