Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Sync 3 version?

GaryM72

Hi, new here!

Just purchased a 2018 Fiesta ST Line. Absolutely love the car and can’t quite believe how nippy it is for a 1 litre!

Anyway, I’ve followed instructions to update the Sync 3 software via the Ford website and firstly did that then verified the update via the website. There was then a 25GB navigation update which again I’ve done and verified. 

Am I right in thinking the latest Sync 3 version is 3.4? Even though I’ve carried out available updates and now the Ford website confirms I’m up to date mine is still showing as version 3.0. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Depends on the manufacture if year of your care, it's only the latest cars that can take v3.4 as far as I know, I can't update to it either.

17 minutes ago, GaryM72 said:

Hi, new here!

Just purchased a 2018 Fiesta ST Line. Absolutely love the car and can’t quite believe how nippy it is for a 1 litre!

Anyway, I’ve followed instructions to update the Sync 3 software via the Ford website and firstly did that then verified the update via the website. There was then a 25GB navigation update which again I’ve done and verified. 

Am I right in thinking the latest Sync 3 version is 3.4? Even though I’ve carried out available updates and now the Ford website confirms I’m up to date mine is still showing as version 3.0. 

Thanks. 

welcome 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Depends on the manufacture if year of your care, it's only the latest cars that can take v3.4 as far as I know, I can't update to it either.

Thanks. It’s an 18 plate first registered on the 31st August 2018. 

16 hours ago, GaryM72 said:

Thanks. It’s an 18 plate first registered on the 31st August 2018. 

It's when it was manufactured not registered that counts I don't know the dates that the change happened .

Only vehicles manufactured after mid 2018 will get 3.4. If the OP's car has 3.0 after checking on Ford download site then its not going to get 3.4 (it would already have got 3.2 then 3.3 first) However it can be downloaded from various sites if you're bothered. Personally I don't think 3.4 is an improvement over previous versions,it still looks washed out unless you use night mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3.4  can be fitted to  your car. It works faster than 3.0 and if you have nav allows the latest maps to be used. Cyanlabs provide it and are uncommonly helpful but be aware that the download takes ages and a big, new memory stick. I have found it worthwhile.

23 hours ago, tomshepp said:

3.4  can be fitted to  your car. It works faster than 3.0 and if you have nav allows the latest maps to be used. Cyanlabs provide it and are uncommonly helpful but be aware that the download takes ages and a big, new memory stick. I have found it worthwhile.

Thanks. Strange that my version of Sync 3 v3.0 is upgradable to v3.4, assuming the hardware is capable yet Ford themselves don’t push the update?

16 minutes ago, GaryM72 said:

Thanks. Strange that my version of Sync 3 v3.0 is upgradable to v3.4, assuming the hardware is capable yet Ford themselves don’t push the update?

I wouldn't call it "upgradeable".

A leaked formatting tool can wipe and install 3.4 software on a 3.0 APIM. It's not a supported config by Ford and you'll likely stop receiving official updates doing it that way.

But can get the official upgrades unofficially anyway so it doesn' t matter. You cannot get them from Ford. If you could we would not be discussing this. I would rather have new maps than maps that will be long obsolete should Ford ever deign to supply them.