Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Repair or write off?

Ottoni

IMG_20201109_105936449_HDR.thumb.jpg.4d3be3d46808144aa89cf9b800dba5bd.jpgHi everyone, first post, long time reader. Much to my horror, yesterday a car parked further up a hill I was parked on decided it would fly down the hill (issue with handbrake apparently?!) And land itself into my car. Other driver took full liability and I already have hire car sat outside. Car is being collected on Thursday and being took to rye Street motors in bishops Stortford. They've told me once it's assessed they'll let me know! What do you guys think? It's a fiesta st line x 2019 plate, 8800 miles on clock. Cost me £14900 I'm trying to upload pics but they exceed max size. It's completely dented drivers side bumper at front, 

• Sad 1

Just now, Ottoni said:

IMG_20201109_105936449_HDR.thumb.jpg.4d3be3d46808144aa89cf9b800dba5bd.jpgHi everyone, first post, long time reader. Much to my horror, yesterday a car parked further up a hill I was parked on decided it would fly down the hill (issue with handbrake apparently?!) And land itself into my car. Other driver took full liability and I already have hire car sat outside. Car is being collected on Thursday and being took to rye Street motors in bishops Stortford. They've told me once it's assessed they'll let me know! What do you guys think? It's a fiesta st line x 2019 plate, 8800 miles on clock. Cost me £14900 I'm trying to upload pics but they exceed max size. It's completely dented drivers side bumper at front, 

IMG_20201109_105941857_HDR.jpg

• Sad 1

That's bad news. If its just external panel damage on one side it will probably be repairable.

Other car came down hill - handbrake problem? - very much doubt it - probably another owner who did not also leave the vehicle in gear like people should do. See Highway Code etc etc

An absolute must if your veh has rear disc brakes. Apply H/B with warm/hot discs - discs cool/shrink - less pressure on discs from H/B - veh rolls away

There's tiny damage to bonnet that I didn't show, and as you can see other than the bumper, the passenger side panel just before is damaged too. And yeah, I didn't witness it but neighbour did thankfully. Woman was all over the place and husband had to come and explain, she admitted liability there and then, what with a witness too, it was relatively straight forward. Only had the car 4 months 

• Sad 1

Replacement panel repair! new bonnet too no more stone chips 😁

1 minute ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Replacement panel repair!

That's good then, did not want it to be a write off.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Replacement panel repair! new bonnet too no more stone chips 😁

Trouble is, it worries me that this will all add up and they'll be like, it costs too much and happily write it off. Have read a few horror stories online, but these were on older cars!

• Sad 1

Be fine other driver at fault insurance company will screw them no more than £2k damage there.

Had an astra worth 12k with 4k rat damage chewed electrics rewire etc hire car for 4 week while repaired.

Just now, st line x 140 driver said:

Be fine other driver at fault insurance company will screw them no more than £2k damage there

🤞🤞🙂🙂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

🤞🤞🙂🙂

• Thanks 1

At end of day not your fault insurance company needs to compensate you to the same as you already have or can purchase.

They will end up replacing bonnet and front of car and respray from wings forward. Be like new!

7 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

They will end up replacing bonnet and front of car and respray from wings forward. Be like new!

Thankyou for your replies.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club