Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 aerial mast?

Jonson

Can anyone tell me the part number for the OEM dab aerial mast on a 2018 mk8 fiesta? Someone has pinched mine and I can't find it online.

TIA

Thanks, doesn't look quite the same (dont think mine had the spiral feature on the outside?) and the model checker says it doesn't fit my vehicle...🤔

58 minutes ago, Jonson said:

Thanks, doesn't look quite the same (dont think mine had the spiral feature on the outside?) and the model checker says it doesn't fit my vehicle...🤔

i have same model 69 reg my aerial has the spiral on it . It has B & O Speakers but wouldn't of thought that would affect aerial.

aerial.JPG

• Thanks 1

£5 off code valid 17/11/2020 for eBay -  YUKRT1Q662MW3FQM

6 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

i have same model 69 reg my aerial has the spiral on it . It has B & O speakers but wouldn't of thought that would affect aerial.

aerial.JPG

None of ours have an aerial like in the picture..... however my old Ford Focus was like that a few years back.

Never seen one on the newer cars.

Have you had the car from new? If not it could have been replaced by the previous owner if theirs had gone missing, same as the OP's.

Edit... apparently the winding is purely to try and stop vibration and wind noise at certain speeds. Only there to add rigidity.

• Thanks 2

Hi Martin ford direct car picked it up with 1.5k on clock. I've only seen cars with spiral on aerial maybe thats why its cheaper being older style / replacement.

• Like 1

Thanks both, very helpful. I've gone for the non-spiral version, which the checker says does fit my model in this case.

that spiral mast is for the sunroof equipped fiesta only, its also shorter in length by few millimeters , I don't know why ford make this spiral one specially  for the sunroof equipped fiesta !!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

that spiral mast is for the sunroof equipped fiesta only, its also shorter in length by few millimeters , I don't know why ford make this spiral one specially  for the sunroof equipped fiesta !!

That's good i've a sunroof👌

• Like 1

Doh! In that case I've ordered the wrong one after all 🙄

I still don't remember mine having that spiral on it though.

Don't think you will have any problem panoramic sunroof doesn't interfere with aerial when fully open. Might be due to aerodynamics when  open makes it less flexible.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Pardon my resurrecting this topic but the reason is because the glass roof has no ground plane so the antenna behaves differently to that on a metal roof.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club