Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dipping door mirror for reversing

bobfather

I understand from a facebook group that FordPass has a set-up to dip the angle of the nearside door mirror when reverse gear is selected.  Apparently only available on cars with Lux Pack and memory seats.  Has anyone here managed to set this up

mirror1.jpg

mirror2.jpg

Yes, I've set it up on a few cars now, Mondeo's and Edge's. As long as you have memory seats it should work.

Hamster

I have done numerous Mk5 Mondeo's but I don't use Ford Pass - All done from drivers seat

Firstly I would set the seat memory.

(The mirrors have to be also set to each seat memory when they are in normal position and also their reverse dip position) 

Lets use memory No 1 as a test/explanation.

Ignition on/veh at idle. Lever in Park, and H/B on

Put seat where you want it, put mirrors where you want them (for normal driving) then press/hold memory button No 1 until it beeps. OK seat and forward driving mirrors set in memory No 1.

Ign on/veh idle, press button down so light comes on for LH mirror. - select reverse (mirror may or may not move)

Whilst in reverse adjust this LH mirror DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT so it sees kerb ok for you

Then press memory button No 1 until it beeps.

All should now have been saved at memory No 1 Position.

Now, the LH mirror will NOT come back to its "normal"position until you

Press the button on LH mirror so light goes off, or

Select "P" (park) I think, or

Select "D" and drive forward over 5mph.

Carry out the same process for RH mirror and then all should be ok for seat and mirrors to suit in Memory No 1.

Don't forget, once everything is set up, for a mirror to dip when you select reverse, the button on the appropriate mirror needs to be pressed so the light is on. (If you don't "select" the mirror so it's light is on, it does not dip)

If you have more than one driver, carry out same process for other 2 memory positions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club