Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Digital Speedometer

vxr54

Can anyone tell me if the latest 2020 Fiesta ST line X edition has a digital speedo facility. 

33 minutes ago, vxr54 said:

Can anyone tell me if the latest 2020 Fiesta ST line X edition has a digital speedo facility. 

Yes it does

Thanks for the reply Ben, am buying above for my wife as a Christmas present and forgot to ask sales assistant if it had digital display, I was hoping that this was a standard fitting in this day and age.

t

Slightly off topic here, but dunno if anyone else has come across this. Seems to be a DIY job by some guy in Ukraine. Looks awesome on this Focus. Similarly looking to the new Puma dash which I can say looks great. Bit square but still looks great mind.

image.thumb.png.3c6c28e754fc5849bbd68800b3d74e39.png

can they see out the windscreen?

Reminds me of the Peugeot 208 display which you can only see if you have the wheel in your crotch!😀

maxresdefault.jpg

Only if you sit on a box on top of the seat, but at least he will be able to see what speed he was doing before he crashed!

who wants to see the speedo anyway if you are an experienced driver you should know what 30, 60, 90 & 120mph feels like 😁 but do you know your braking distance. I normally know when im being followed by a police car.

a. the 4 car distance lengh following behind.

b. sometimes the flashing blue light.

2 hours ago, Tom44 said:

Slightly off topic here, but dunno if anyone else has come across this. Seems to be a DIY job by some guy in Ukraine. Looks awesome on this Focus. Similarly looking to the new Puma dash which I can say looks great. Bit square but still looks great mind.

image.thumb.png.3c6c28e754fc5849bbd68800b3d74e39.png

I will predict that the next gen (Mk9) or face-lifted Mk8 will have a full digital dash on higher trim Fiestas. A lot of other manufactures are going that way.

yes as usual copy mercedes

5 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

yes as usual copy Mercedes

I thought it was Audi who did it first. Maybe I'm (very) wrong.

2 minutes ago, Jim H said:

I thought it was Audi who did it first. Maybe I'm (very) wrong.

i would be bios i own one lol everyone use to moan that they looked like they had an ipad stuck on as an after thought - ooh look at mrk 8😎

The Lambo Reventon had a digital dash back in the noughties.  Not sure if there were any older than that?  Owned by VAG of course.

Did anyone see the SpaceX docking yesterday?  The guys in massive space suits with thick gloves in a moving shuttle managed to use their dash iPads easily enough! :laugh: 

Our old 2009 Yaris had the digital floating display.  Awesome because you could look from the road to it and back again without having to refocus.

Now in the Focus I have mine like Simon has posted.  I look at the digits far more than the dial.  And with an auto, unless I'm in manual mode which is very rare, I'm not that interested in engine rpm either.

29 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Now in the Focus I have mine like Simon has posted.  I look at the digits far more than the dial.  And with an auto, unless I'm in manual mode which is very rare, I'm not that interested in engine rpm either.

I must admit. I rely on the digital gauge, and don't bother with the analogue one. It's quick and easy to read. I drove a Mk 7 fiesta courtesy car and found it strange looking at a dial again.

• Like 1

The Puma test drove a few weeks back had a full digital display. No analogue dials etc. I liked it, the Mrs hated it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

I must admit. I rely on the digital gauge, and don't bother with the analogue one. It's quick and easy to read. I drove a Mk 7 fiesta courtesy car and found it strange looking at a dial again.

I'm pretty much the same. I hated digital gauges when they first appeared, they were generally not very clear and quite slow to change reading as you accelerated or slowed, but much better now. I do find the digital speedo grabs my attention far more than the dial, which I don't bother with now, except in the Mrs's car which is dials only. 

I'm sure you're right with your earlier post about the Fiesta going digital come facelift time, given the Puma with a near identical dash already has them.

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

The Puma test drove a few weeks back had a full digital display. No analogue dials etc. I liked it, the Mrs hated it!

Like Mrs Mavroz, my Mrs is not a fan of digital either!😃

Cars have had LCD digital dashboards since the 1980’s, not sure who did it first, though obviously they look incredibly dated!

DEFBD652-2DD3-40A7-AEB1-04D24845348B.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Cars have had LCD digital dashboards since the 1980’s, not sure who did it first, though obviously they look incredibly dated!

Funnily enough, a Mk2 Golf GTi popped up on my Instagram today with a digital dash.  Never seen one before!  It's just monochrome standard LCD numbers like a calculator but it actually looks pretty cool... 

image.thumb.png.1945895b6c5622c2586d9927d8151bac.png

I know the Delorean had an LCD Dash as well.  We need another word to differentiate between these LCD dashes and the 'iPad' type that can show different colour displays in the same positions...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

My Audi 80 coupe and Astra GTE had LCD digital speedo's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Funnily enough, a Mk2 Golf GTi popped up on my Instagram today with a digital dash.  Never seen one before!  It's just monochrome standard LCD numbers like a calculator but it actually looks pretty cool... 

image.thumb.png.1945895b6c5622c2586d9927d8151bac.png

I know the Delorean had an LCD Dash as well.  We need another word to differentiate between these LCD dashes and the 'iPad' type that can show different colour displays in the same positions...

Never seen a MK2 Golf with that feature either! We definitely need a distinction, obviously these modern dashes are light years ahead, but I do like the older LCD displays.

2 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

My Audi 80 coupe and Astra GTE had LCD digital speedo's

My neighbour had a Fiat Tempra (!) with an LCD display.

4 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Never seen a MK2 Golf with that feature either! We definitely need a distinction, obviously these modern dashes are light years ahead, but I do like the older LCD displays.

My neighbour had a Fiat Tempra (!) with an LCD display.

f1 cars have then too.

And the Austin Maestro from the 1980's

image.thumb.png.948e550fc073201fd3457496efca4213.png

and a satisfied customer:

"The finish is terrible. There are paint ripples, rubber seals hanging off, the electric windows jam and the sun roof rattles.”

Doors didn’t fit, the bodywork was dented, the engine revved wildly (another BL ‘innovation’ was an electronic carburettor that messed up the fuelling) and interior fittings broke."

2 hours ago, Tiexen said:

And the Austin Maestro from the 1980's

At least some of them were quite quick, though.........

MG-Maestro-01.jpg

The early versions with electronic dash and carburettors were a bit of a disaster, the later 2.0 EFi and Turbo were much better sorted and went, rode and handled very well. The damage to its reputation had been done by then, unfortunately.

• Like 1