FOC Fuel Type Poll  

194 members have voted

1. 1. What fuel does your car run on?

• Petrol
    • Diesel
    • Electric / Hybrid

Just out of interest what fuel type are you using for your Ford?

Please select what fuel you use.

Petrol/electric

This will be my last ICE car, the next one will be electric probably a Jaguar as the iPace is a wonderful SUV to drive but I have another 3-4 years before I have to start looking.

Seeing this just got me wondering if the majority of the petrol users where mainly short distance, because up here most of us do high mileage and appear to be on diesel that just an observation based on local cars. Out of my local friends 11, only one has a petrol and that's because when she changed the car the salesman convinced her to do it, totally misguided her as to what car to get to but that's another story.

Does Ford make a pure electric car yet? I know you can buy hybrid ones.

No, thankfully, given thier track record with batteries on the latest ICE models and the PHEVs.  :biggrin:

I've heard on the grapevine that they're going to work with VW to produce full electric engines in future.

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

No, thankfully, given thier track record with batteries on the latest ICE models and the PHEVs.  :biggrin:

I've heard on the grapevine that they're going to work with VW to produce full electric engines in future.

Hang on. The Mustang Mach-E SUV thing is electric. I'd forgotten about that,

I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly a brochure) about an Electric KA, but maybe I'm wrong

8 minutes ago, Jim H said:

Hang on. The Mustang Mach-E SUV thing is electric. I'd forgotten about that,

I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly a brochure) about an Electric KA, but maybe I'm wrong

Good point!!  You can't buy the Mustang yet though.  I'm not even sure they've made it, just dubbed some washing machine spin cycles over it for the ad. :biggrin:

There is an electric Fiat 500 coming out soon so I'd assume the Ka will follow that rather than use a Ford motor.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yes, Ford have a technology sharing deal with VW which will no doubt see a Ford version of the VW ID series electric vehicles.

23 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

red diesel now my car doesnt work😢

only one has a petrol and that's because when she changed the car the salesman convinced her to do it, totally misguided her as to what car to get to but that's another story.

My car runs on Dilithium crystals, but ***** hard to get these days, eh Scotty? 🤣 and don't get me started on that flux capacitor, darn thing is always breaking down...

17 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

My car runs on Dilithium crystals, but ***** hard to get these days, eh Scotty? 🤣 and don't get me started on that flux capacitor, darn thing is always breaking down...

But at least with a flux capacitor you can kick it into life with a little lightening and not rely on paid for national grid elec. 

13 hours ago, iantt said:

But at least with a flux capacitor you can kick it into life with a little lightening and not rely on paid for national grid elec. 

Only trouble is you don't know where the lightening's going to strike...unless you've already seen the future and conveniently have a flyer for an annual lightening celebration in your pocket...  Seems pretty unlikely...though probably easier than finding a charge point atm. :biggrin: