Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Energy chat, the future of car propulsion

StephenFord

Surely they are not allowed to fit EV chargers at petrol stations, they get very excitable if you just hold a mobile phone.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

... they get very excitable if you just hold a mobile phone.

I know LOL What's that all about?? In the whole world, do you know how many cases of explosions caused by mobile phone activity at a petrol station are? That's right - NONE!

19 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

Surely they are not allowed to fit EV chargers at petrol stations, they get very excitable if you just hold a mobile phone.

Lol, yes and (if you were on a motorbike)  they used to ask you to take your crash helmet off so they could see your face, now they want you to cover your face when you go in to pay. Funny old world!

Tesco and other supermarkets I've seen with EV chargers, put them in the supermarket parking area, rather than the filling station.

There is a BP station nearby, though, where they put in EV chargers ages ago, on a couple of bays separate from, but still very near, the petrol/diesel pumps. They've never been used yet, and are still covered up with a hood, similar (but bigger) to those on out of use parking meters. Never found out what that was about - staff on the till don't seem to know.

You can re-fuel a Tesla model 3 with petrol, or at least you can try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec-LrW1tSHQ

and again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j52odgkRxDs

and the best ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWlyjgGKFIE

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

You can re-fuel a Tesla model 3 with petrol, or at least you can try.

Must be fake, not even Americans are that dumb, are they?? LOL

How can they not know it's an electric car?

But then, my Mrs knows nothing about filling up cars either, the "petrol fairy" has been making it happen as if by magic for the last 30 odd years!😃

• Haha 4

Yeah mine has one of those too.  Name of Guy apparently.

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:52 PM, StephenFord said:

I believe it was their deadly tumble dryers LOL I had one and it underwent their official modification to stop it burning my house down 🤣

Well my replacement tumble dryer broke tonight. Lucky it didn't catch fire!! 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, iantt said:

Well my replacement tumble dryer broke tonight. Lucky it didn't catch fire!! 

Sad news indeed, my original 'modified' dryer is still going strong - it's predecessor lasted over 20 years, this one has some way to go though LOL

21 plate Tesla going for a drive….EC1FCF7F-077C-41ED-94A1-CB3C438EEB3C.thumb.png.364cab22337fe9a13578a6185af31715.png

3 hours ago, Alex.S said:

21 plate Tesla going for a drive….

Maybe it's run out, and they're off to get a can of electric! 🤣

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Sad news indeed, my original 'modified' dryer is still going strong - it's predecessor lasted over 20 years, this one has some way to go though LOL

Good news it's only the belt broke, took it apart a few mins ago. Should get a new belt from town tommorow. 

I'm saving the planet anyway for a few days of no tumble dryer elec. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, iantt said:

Good news it's only the belt broke, took it apart a few mins ago. Should get a new belt from town tommorow. 

I'm saving the planet anyway for a few days of no tumble dryer elec. 

Good job they haven't replaced it with a wetbelt! :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Good job they haven't replaced it with a wetbelt! :biggrin:

It still snapped though. 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iantt said:

It still snapped though. 😂😂

Upgrade to a chain drive instead? :wink:

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Upgrade to a chain drive instead? :wink:

Yeah, I'm sure a bike chain would do it. 😂😂

• Haha 1

I've resorted to getting a new belt from amazon. Ordered a few mins ago and arriving by 7pm in one of there diesel polluting vans. Oh well , will have to plant a tree to off set the carbon foot print. Will just drive to the garden centre to get one. Oh! Better plant 2 trees now to offset the drive to the garden centre. Better buy some peat compost to plant the trees in . With my busy day, I will be anticipating a long soak in the hot tub with the two 2hp motors and 3kw heater going. It's ok, my energy supplier only uses green energy. No more trees needed. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, iantt said:

I've resorted to getting a new belt from Amazon. Ordered a few mins ago and arriving by 7pm in one of there diesel polluting vans.

All the vans round here are bloomin' battery! LOL I actually was beside one today which was on the back of a break down truck, but just as I got my phoned ready to take a commemorative photo, the traffic lights changed. My nephew's friend drives one and says they are lucky to get 60 miles out of them, and in the winter when they use the heater & lights, it's touch & go whether they finish their shift back at the depot!

9 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

All the vans round here are bloomin' battery! LOL I actually was beside one today which was on the back of a break down truck, but just as I got my phoned ready to take a commemorative photo, the traffic lights changed. My nephew's friend drives one and says they are lucky to get 60 miles out of them, and in the winter when they use the heater & lights, it's touch & go whether they finish their shift back at the depot!

Probably the Mercedes electric vans. Be assured amazon are having a large fleet of new  diesel vans on the road . Taken delivery of a few hundred so far. 

52 minutes ago, iantt said:

Probably the Mercedes electric vans. Be assured Amazon are having a large fleet of new  diesel vans on the road . Taken delivery of a few hundred so far. 

Will try and get a working photo of one, they're down my street everyday so shouldn't take too long LOL

Depends how far you live from a depo.  We have a few different electric delivery vehicles here (I say vehicles because some of them are more like mobility scooters lol).  They don't have the range to deliver out in the stix. 

All our amazon drivers use there own vehicles , even people carriers and cars . A girl i an old Renault car  delivered my belt. I'm a happy tumbler now. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 5:23 PM, StephenFord said:

Maybe it's run out, and they're off to get a can of electric! 🤣

Pack of Duracell maybe 

I think it's DPD using the electric scooter things here.  Have so many deliveries I can't remember which is which.  The Hermes guy drives an old Galaxy, might be on here lol.

I'm not sure what powers the UPS Vans but they've got a really distinctive diesel growl, unlike anything else.  Will be disappointed when they're replaced with EVs!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club