Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I’ve accidentally been sold a hybrid!

ConfusedFiestaOwner

Hoping someone can offer some advice here. I picked up my brand new Fiesta the other day and to start with all seemed totally fine. The dealer only asked me once about engines and if I’d like the hybrid or not and I remember saying no, but after that the engine I picked was never mentioned again. I checked all my documents and it said 1L Ecoboost 125 which sounded right to me (the word Hybrid or MHEV isn’t anywhere on the documents, and I didn’t realise at the time that the 125ps was only the hybrid version and that I should be 95ps for the standard petrol version). It looks like I’ve been charged as if for the 95ps standard petrol engine car, as I did all the calculations at home before going in and it all adds up. Basically I want to know, should I be annoyed that I have been ‘missold’ the Hybrid, or is it likely that I’ve actually got a really good deal? Does the Fiesta Hybrid have a good reputation, what do people think of them? I want to find out as much as I can before deciding if I want to complain or not!

Thanks in advance for any help

So you've got a better car for the same money?  What spec is yours as I think the 95ps is only available in Trend.    The none-hybrid 125 is only available as an auto.

I think so?! I’ve got the Titanium 1L 125ps Manual

I doubt you'll even notice the difference.  

Only concern would be after a few years when batteries or alternator needs replacing they'll cost more.

• Like 1

The MHEV was only introduced on the Fiesta this year so there's an outside possibility you may have a non-MHEV that was in the system I suppose. If it is an MHEV it should have a small badge reading "Ecoboost Hybrid" on the right hand side of the tailgate.

As Tom and Guy mention, drives like a normal car anyway, nothing you need to do differently.

It could be argued these shouldn't be called hybrids anyway, at no point do they run solely on electric power, the battery and motor just give the engine a helping hand using stored energy that would have been wasted during braking etc. Other manufacturers use similar systems. There's quite a good video on the Ford website showing how the system works if you were interested.

• Like 1

Thanks Eric, yes it does have the Ecoboost Hybrid badge which I only noticed this morning! It definitely doesn’t seem to drive much differently to a normal petrol, or it wouldn’t have taken me 2 days to notice 😂 it was just the ‘hybrid gauge’ on the dashboard that made me raise an eyebrow to start with. 
I was just a bit worried as I’ve never had a hybrid of any kind before and hadn’t signed up to one so hadn’t done any research beforehand. I have no idea if it will be as reliable as a normal petrol engine or if it will cost me more money in the long run if/when there are any issues...

• Like 2

Sounds like you got a newer more expensive car with better mpg.

So these are very mild hybrids, the electric motor just gives a boost when needed, but will not boost if its battery is depleted.  That said, unless you boot it constantly everywhere all the time you should never have a problem, just a car with great mpg.

• Like 1

Sounds like you have got the better end of the deal tbh. 

Check the spec is what you ordered and that all the extras on it are there, apart from the hybrid of course. 

Check service costs for the car you have, and the car you thought you were buying. You may find there is a big difference but I honestly don't know. If you paid for a service plan then you are fine though. 

Check the paperwork you signed, what exactly does the order say? What was the OTR price of the vehicle?

Check your insurance too, if you insured it by VRM then you will be OK but if you manually entered the spec then it may be wrong, and unfortunately if you made a claim they would reject it the same as they would if you had purposefully mislead them.

If you like the car and the way it drives then keep it, you will get better fuel economy and it will be a lot quicker too. Will be a lot more desirable when it comes to resale too.

Thanks everyone, I like the car and it seems like I got a good deal, and there’s nothing missing that I asked for, so I’m happy 🙂

I bought a hybrid Fiesta recently (ST-Line Edition) & it cost me less than a non hybrid one would have cost. Insurance wise it is costing me the same as my Zetec spec Fiesta did to insure. I love how it drives & handles & I am currently getting good MPG too. 
7C81362B-7C19-4268-A211-24A423E1EEB5.jpeg.a638657efc747ff08cd6f5cd57a26924.jpeg

Maybe worth checking reg on ford etis but agree with others, you got the better version. You definitely didn't want the 95ps 👍

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the icon that looks like a foot on a pedal means?

TIA

Phil

12 hours ago, Philfrancis said:

Does anyone know what the icon that looks like a foot on a pedal means?

TIA

Phil

When does it come on?  My guess would be regenerative braking if it comes on while driving.

• Like 1

I love the premise that you were, 'accidentally sold a hybrid'. Maybe that'll be the great 2020 financial scandal now that PPI has finished LOL 🤣

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I love the premise that you were, 'accidentally sold a hybrid'. Maybe that'll be the great 2020 financial scandal now that PPI has finished LOL 🤣

Or the new 'VW diesel scandal'...  I still get targeted ads every day telling me I'm entitled to compensation for buying a diesel VW.  As if any of the buyers actually cared about NOx before buying! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club