Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight connector snapped!

Dghall94

All was going smoothly until I tried to remove the second headlight and snapped the clip on the headlight connector😬 the connector is on tight and doesn't feel like it's going anywhere but is it still safe ?

20201122_104324.jpg

I may vibrate loose over time. Try wedging a bit of thin cardboard between the connector and headlight connector to give it a tighter fit. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iantt said:

I may vibrate loose over time. Try wedging a bit of thin cardboard between the connector and headlight connector to give it a tighter fit. 

“I may vibrate loose over time”,let’s hope all your nuts and bolts are done up tight then 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dghall94 said:

All was going smoothly until I tried to remove the second headlight and snapped the clip on the headlight connector😬 the connector is on tight and doesn't feel like it's going anywhere but is it still safe ?

20201122_104324.jpg

Get new plug fitted if water gets in contacts will corrode. Any competent electrician should be able to do that. Plug probably no more than a £5.

Yes, it'll be safe, the worst that may happen is that if it shakes itself loose, the the light won't work. If it were me, I'd just bodge it, and wrap a bit of insulating tape round it, it'll be just fine... (I'd use 'black', I'm not an animal LOL)

They're usually as tight as a ducks ***** anyway...and that's water tight!  (Never did understand that saying, I'm sure every ***** is watertight, you don't fill up when you sit in a bath!)

Not sure if I'm being thick here, but the missing part isn't even part of the clip is it?  The actual clip is inside that square hole, the missing bit is just to 'pull' open to lift the hole off of the 'latch' for want of a better word.

I've broken several of them btw, horrible design! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I've broken several of them btw, horrible design! :laugh: 

That design I first saw on the VW's. Blame the Germans!! 

• Haha 1

Join the club.

I have broken a connector on just about every car I have owned recently. I think connector design is given to the smart Alex electrical design new starter in the office.

They all work differently.

I have however been able to out smart them by using a zip tie to hold the two parts together.

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I did the same on my wifes S-Max.  I used some self amalg. tape to hold it in place.

Black gaffer tape is available if you want it to look nice 😃

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, StephenFord said:

... I'd just bodge it, and wrap a bit of insulating tape round it, it'll be just fine... (I'd use 'black', I'm not an animal LOL)

6 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

Black gaffer tape is available if you want it to look nice 😃

Indeed, wish I'd have suggested 'black' tape LOL 🤣

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Indeed, wish I'd have suggested 'black' tape LOL 🤣

Sorry Stephen, I only read the new posts since yesterday, so I had forgotten about yours. ☹️

• Haha 1

i had my headlights out today (long story) and i was flumoxed by this clip

needless to say, i didn't remove the lights in the end as i had no way to get to the bit to push in to release this so i'd concur with the previous posters that they are indded as tight as a tight thing thats tight

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club