Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 RS immobiliser active

Mertens Jelle

Hello,

I am having some rare ploblems with my MK2 RS. It unlocks with the key and the keyless function (black buttons) but sometimes it does not want to start (sometimes is does) and it says "key not detected" i used forscan to read the car and got the following results. It is a 2010 model with keyless go and start so it does not have the ignition barrel that other cars have... Recently changed the battery, Ecu, instrument cluster has been resoldered on the bad connections... But key is still not detecting? I was thinking in a way that the receiver antenna inside the car sometimes does not get the correct signal from the key, but sometimes it does... Anyone any ideas or had a simmilar problem? 

Kind regards,

Jelle

Codes Focus.jpg

What's it like with the spare key? That should narrow it down to being either the key or the car at fault.

Exact same thing happens with the spare key... So i would think the car is at fault... already tried everything i could think of...

On a Keyless Start Focus MK2/MK2.5 the PATS functionality is controlled by the KVM (Keyless Vehicle Module). Forscan refers to this module as RKE. This module is responsible for arming/disarming the immobilizer. The KVM uses several antennas inside the car to detect the keyfob. If one of the antennas fails there should be a DTC code generated that points to the particular antenna (either open circuit or short to ground).

Based on the U0100 and U2510 codes that are stored inside the KVM I suspect that the problem is caused by a CANbus communication failure. However there are also a lot of communication related (U) codes stored in different CANbus modules so it is very hard to determine whether the DTC codes are caused by the KVM or any of the other CANbus modules.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

On a Keyless Start Focus MK2/MK2.5 the PATS functionality is controlled by the KVM (Keyless Vehicle Module). Forscan refers to this module as RKE. This module is responsible for arming/disarming the immobilizer. The KVM uses several antennas inside the car to detect the keyfob. If one of the antennas fails there should be a DTC code generated that points to the particular antenna (either open circuit or short to ground).

Based on the U0100 and U2510 codes that are stored inside the KVM I suspect that the problem is caused by a CANbus communication failure. However there are also a lot of communication related (U) codes stored in different CANbus modules so it is very hard to determine whether the DTC codes are caused by the KVM or any of the other CANbus modules.

Gave you a 'like' as I have no idea of one single word in your post meant, but was entertaining to read! 😁

I do understand what you are saying but i am trying to figure out if the key is detected by the antenna in the front (under the air con area i believe) or another one?

When holding the key close to the pats it still does not detect it, but i think its a commmunication failure to, but dont know where to start looking first.

There are 2 error codes describing a fault in the front passenger door and i do believe there is a CANBUS communication module down there to.

I think if we change out the RKE module and reprogram everything that the problem can still be happening because of a faulty antenna, is this possible or should it give a different code?

Any ideas to where i should start looking?

On 11/23/2020 at 8:06 AM, JW1982 said:

Turned out the relais of the PCM failed sometimes wich gave all the following problems and is fixed now. 
Did not really know that 1 relais could give this many starting issues but good to know now...
Thanks for the help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club