Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New here

Yappy

Hi all,

I have just purchased a 2017 Edge ST-Line fully loaded with every extra and I am loving it.

I live in Germany and the car is a German left hand drive, I don't think there are any differences to the UK models.

The Edge has munched the auobahn miles up and in so much comfort! I had her cruising at 125mph faultlessly, that is apart from the high fuel consumption at that speed 😅 and the flexing bonnet.

I look forward to getting some tips and tricks 😉

• Like 1

Hi welcome looks like you like driving things flat out. What MPG you getting & what BHP is it?

Hi, not flat out but I like to get places quickly 😂 and I thought the system could do with a blow through. Added to that it is totally legal and I was no where near being the fastest car on the autobahn, cars where whizzing past me as if I was standing still 😳. This is not a daily occurrence and i am normally a more conservative driver. 

I have noticed in the past that a good blast out now and again helps with fuel economy and the general smooth running of an engine.

208 bhp, Over a short autobahn run with slowing down, speeding up and some country roads, I averaged about 23mpg, which is understandable and not that bad to be honest and much better then my 1967 Camaro that can only achieve 14mpg on a conservative drive 😁

So far I average between 31 and 33mpg.

I am interested to find out mpg while towing a caravan though, but that I will not find out until next year now.

That's not bad for driving what is basically a brick, aerodynamically.

1 hour ago, Yappy said:

Hi, not flat out but I like to get places quickly 😂 and I thought the system could do with a blow through. Added to that it is totally legal and I was no where near being the fastest car on the autobahn, cars where whizzing past me as if I was standing still 😳. This is not a daily occurrence and i am normally a more conservative driver. 

I have noticed in the past that a good blast out now and again helps with fuel economy and the general smooth running of an engine.

208 bhp, Over a short autobahn run with slowing down, speeding up and some country roads, I averaged about 23mpg, which is understandable and not that bad to be honest and much better then my 1967 Camaro that can only achieve 14mpg on a conservative drive 😁

So far I average between 31 and 33mpg.

I am interested to find out mpg while towing a caravan though, but that I will not find out until next year now.

Not going to tow a very big caravan with a fiesta unless you are going to sleep in a trailer! 900kg max tow weight.

5 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Not going to tow a very big caravan with a fiesta unless you are going to sleep in a trailer! 900kg max tow weight.

It's an Edge...  About twice the size of the Fiesta! :biggrin: 

39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's an Edge...  About twice the size of the Fiesta! :biggrin: 

at another 1100kg on top😜

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

That's not bad for driving what is basically a brick, aerodynamically.

The EDGE does have an active grille which shuts at high speed to make things a little less draggy! 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, simonb65 said:

The EDGE does have an active grille which shuts at high speed to make things a little less draggy! 😉

It would be interesting to know how much of a difference that active grill actually makes, plus I wonder if there is a max speed at where the grill will permanently stay open 🤔

All modern Fords have active grille shutters, the Mk3 Focus had one a whole decade ago!  If you leave the AC on or the engine gets hot enough to need the cooling fan then the grille shutters stay open.  So basically if you leave the climate control on auto, the shutters are never closed anyway.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

All modern Fords have active grille shutters, the Mk3 Focus had one a whole decade ago!  If you leave the AC on or the engine gets hot enough to need the cooling fan then the grille shutters stay open.  So basically if you leave the climate control on auto, the shutters are never closed anyway.

I will need to turn my Auto climate control off then, I was thinking in the colder months that the aircon would automatically be off but I will give it a try and see if fuel economy increases

4 hours ago, Yappy said:

I was thinking in the colder months that the aircon would automatically be off but I will give it a try and see if fuel economy increases

You'll find it usually disengages the a/c compressor clutch at below 6 DecC as the a/c can just use naturally cold ambient air to reach the range of aircon setpoint temperatures.

• 1 month later...

Also new here, picked up my Ford Edge earlier this month. A 17 plate titanium 2L power shift, which has done 15k miles. Enjoying my Edge for long journeys for work, averaging about 36mpg. 

So far not found any issues, apart from the pre collision assist sensor blocking at random. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 7:31 AM, Yappy said:

I will need to turn my Auto climate control off then, I was thinking in the colder months that the aircon would automatically be off but I will give it a try and see if fuel economy increases

Air con 'conditions' the air coming into the car so it can be used for both hot and cold air. I leave mine on all year round as it keeps all the components working smoothly. These days it doesn't have as much impact on fuel economy as it had years ago. 

On 1/14/2021 at 12:18 AM, Quofan said:

Air con 'conditions' the air coming into the car so it can be used for both hot and cold air. I leave mine on all year round as it keeps all the components working smoothly. These days it doesn't have as much impact on fuel economy as it had years ago. 

It works great for keeping the internal misting and dampness at bay in winter by leaving it on too.

At lower temperatures (< +6 degC) the compressor normally disables as it can draw cold air from outside and doesn't need to 'make' cold air ! Was like that on the Fiesta and my old Kuga!

• Like 1

Yes I think in modern cars it makes very little difference.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club