Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Solenoid Test Procedure?

selwynha
聽Share

Hiall

Fitted second hand door locking solenoid to 2003 1.4tdi and it locks really positively but won't open using the remote key - have to open it manually馃槥

Is anyone aware of a wiring diagram or test procedure for the door solenoids?

Many thanks

Could be faulty solenoid like the one you have replaced. Is it new or second hand age could be the problem.

I replaced my front passenger door lock motor early this year - what a pain.聽 The "door shut" indication failed, which means that you cannot lock the car at all. New was about 拢200.00. (2010 Fusion)

There is a diagram in the Haynes, and it shows 10 connections to a front door lock unit, with motor connections Pin聽10(common). and Pin 2 or聽Pin 4 going to the other motor connection, depending on whether it is "Locked" or "Unlocked", but I don't know which is which.聽 And all the cores within the door are black, which does not help either.

I think I still have the old one in the junk bin, and see if I can have a look.

3 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Could be faulty solenoid like the one you have replaced. Is it new or second hand age could be the problem.

Thanks for that, yes it's second hand from a breakers yard so could be faulty 馃槥

3 hours ago, Paulkp said:

I replaced my front passenger door lock motor early this year - what a pain.聽 The "door shut" indication failed, which means that you cannot lock the car at all. New was about 拢200.00. (2010 Fusion)

There is a diagram in the Haynes, and it shows 10 connections to a front door lock unit, with motor connections Pin聽10(common). and Pin 2 or聽Pin 4 going to the other motor connection, depending on whether it is "Locked" or "Unlocked", but I don't know which is which.聽 And all the cores within the door are black, which does not help either.

I think I still have the old one in the junk bin, and see if I can have a look.

Thanks Paul, I've heard that the wiring at the door hinges can break with age inside the rubber boot. I'm struggling to identify the correct cables and if they are all black as you say it will be even more 'interesting' 馃槥

I did find the old door lock motor and mine (passenger side 2010) has ony 5 connections - for all I know, it is the Driver's side lock may have 10.

However I did have a brief look and put 12v between pins 10 and pins 2 or 4. Oddly I could unlock it, but would only "chunter" when I tried to lock it. This might be because my 12v supply was only from my trickle charger so does not deliver much current.聽 Motor resistance appears to be about 15ohm.聽 Pins 6 & 8 are the "Door Shut" connections.聽 I might be able to have another look at the end of the week.

Check the door connection plug, use a bit of contact cleaner, and I had a little difficulty with fully tightening the securing collar.

22 hours ago, Paulkp said:

I did find the old door lock motor and mine (passenger side 2010) has ony 5 connections - for all I know, it is the Driver's side lock may have 10.

However I did have a brief look and put 12v between pins 10 and pins 2 or 4. Oddly I could unlock it, but would only "chunter" when I tried to lock it. This might be because my 12v supply was only from my trickle charger so does not deliver much current.聽 Motor resistance appears to be about 15ohm.聽 Pins 6 & 8 are the "Door Shut" connections.聽 I might be able to have another look at the end of the week.

Check the door connection plug, use a bit of contact cleaner, and I had a little difficulty with fully tightening the securing collar.

Thanks for your help Paul, I'll have a look and try the same. The securing collar appears loose on mine too 馃槥