Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear wipers on all the time

billyboy

Today when I started my Ecosport the rear wipers came on and now they are on all of the time and only go off when I switch the ignition off. Because the car is under warranty I'm reluctant to touch it so I have just removed the fuse. Now the point is the dealer cannot do it until next week and reading between the lines it seems as though they are going to disconnect the battery for 24hrs to reset the module does that sound right and if so could I disconnect the battery or am I likely to cause other problems, I'm worried in case it could upset something else.

You'll be fine removing the battery cables. You may have to retune your radio though.

Forgive me if it feels like I'm "teaching you how to suck eggs" (I never get why people still use this expression lol), but have you checked you haven't bumped the stalk back and accidentally turned them on lol.

• Like 1

OK, the wipers are fine now.

I removed the fuse so that I could keep using the car, No.16 in the engine compartment fuse box, 6 days ago and as the car is booked in at Perry's tomorrow I thought I'd better refit the fuse  and bingo, the rear wipers are working fine now so I'll know what to do if it happens again. All I can say is that the morning it happened we had a hard frost and the car was iced up so don't know if it was the cold that was affecting the controller.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club