Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how many versions of things are there? bought the wrong stuff

Dojj
聽Share

coming from the old school of cars where things fit or they don't and are then made to fit, these new fangled motors have got me spending money i don;t need to on things htat don;t fit and won;t be able to fit because they aren't compatible 馃槥

my latest waste of money was on a set of headlights that are drl's but they aren't the strip light drl's but the light bulb drl's that look almost the same but are different enough to make my mrs say "what have you done?"

that means trouble as all the mods i want to do are subtle which is fine, but the headlight clip is broken (a fairly common thing from what i can see) hence the change

so what else is so subtly different that i need to check, double check, triple check and then ask the experts for their advice lol

currently i'm after specifics but i can't find what i want as there is just SO much variety

Can you confirm what car you have? (Often a person profile doesn't reflect the car they are talking about)

Also, what does your current headlight look like, and what are you hoping to make it look like once 'upgraded'?

• Like 1

when the mrs gets home i'll get a picture of the headlights and the problem i've got with them, the corner bracket is broken and the guy put some screws in to hide the fact it's not held in with the original headlight fixing

i should really take it back to them to sort but we got such a good deal on the car and it's from so far away it's not really going to be worth the effort for a few screws, just can't even find the correct headlight on a google search tough which is so frustrating

4 minutes ago, Dojj said:

when the mrs gets home i'll get a picture of the headlights and the problem i've got with them, the corner bracket is broken and the guy put some screws in to hide the fact it's not held in with the original headlight fixing

i

So, are you after a like for like replacement? Or an upgrade to what you have?

this are the ones i have on the car

127635349_3143093462462626_6181686655465434959_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=PZSYUOAOXkwAX8G8jfh&_nc_oc=AQlgvK7M4XVKh0ZxHJv2qUnl-2CZA0pvleBB3dLlfXrbsJenATcwhJnkmF0D4SEyl5SuvLh1Zk0KEmAZIMbvBMwF&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=96dafb86d9a615ec993ce79e15ae4011&oe=5FE4B6DA

but this is why i want to change them, the clip is broken and there are 2 slef tapping screws holding it in place

127800415_3143093669129272_3602312446612226163_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=8JWEmyj4e2UAX8mB_cF&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=19868754d464fde69b5b83a8c9d8ae6c&oe=5FE473DD

and then i bought these, but you can see that this has a bulb in it rather than a bar

127813718_3143093759129263_6557488888412492047_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=I3U0jcZgOWoAX-rg22o&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=90f2084e417c3bca57a71918a911507a&oe=5FE56D80

i've already turned down a set of st type headlihts as they seem to require upgrades to the system and washers and self leveling and a steering thing to turn聽with the wheels, but they do look great and i'd love to have them if i could make them work with minimal effort, but i can't spend that much money on a car 've just bought lol

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VLAND-Headlights-2015-18-Assembly-Sequential/dp/B07S5ZMJXQ

That bracket splitting is common had it on both my Mondeos that looks like the original torx聽screw it聽will be safe enough as the headlight sits in locating tabs to it's not going to fall out or聽effect it's operation. I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by pragmatix
Typo
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club