Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Start

kingfisher1967

I'm making full use of the remote start feature on my car, where I park is on top on of the building I work at so its a minute or so walk up to the car in the evening, so when we exit the building I call up the app and press Start, mainly because I can, mainly because when its really cold I can defrost my windscreen, but mostly to wind up the other members of staff 😎

It is a very good feature. Not sure if it’s worth starting a thread over! But yes I agree. 
There was a thread last winter about auto wipers wiping while frozen . Mines been good so far...

My butler starts my car on request, though he can be a bit stroppy if it's raining... :laugh:

• Haha 2

The remote engine start..awesome. (Saves the butlers time). But for manual owners, Remote lock or unlock..there’s not many situations where that’s useful. 
Key fob works thru brick walls! 

23 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Parking on top of the building?  Sure it's a Focus, not a helicopter? :biggrin:

Perhaps he's Santa Claus 🎅

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wilto said:

Perhaps he's Santa Claus 🎅

Let's hope not, if Santa is reliant on a Ford, there's going to be very many disappointed children in the world! 😁

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Heaviest snowfall since I got the focus. Had 2 or 3 inches on top of it.  Damn remote engine start didn’t work! 
Its been working consistently until this morning. 
Anyone else have the same issue today? 
Is it possible all that snows stopping the signal getting thru? I wouldn’t have thought so but annoyingly didn’t start it today. 

Yup, had that issue this morning. I haven't used the car since early last week so there was a lot of snow on the car that I needed to clear anyways, still a pain to have to go out and try to get the frozen door open!

Anyone know where the antenna is located to receive the 'remote start' signal?

Mines not working either today and not too much snow here.. maybe a system outage somewhere?

17 hours ago, simps100 said:

Mines not working either today and not too much snow here.. maybe a system outage somewhere?

Plausible..

I tried mine this afternoon....worked 1st try.

edit* didn’t work this morning covered in snow, worked this afternoon after snow been cleared. 

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Anyone know where the antenna is located to receive the 'remote start' signal?

I assumed it was the modem , which I think is in the boot 🤔 

7 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I assumed it was the modem , which I think is in the boot 🤔 

I was just wondering as wet snow is very dense and is bound to impeded an electrical signal...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club