Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con settings 1-3 don't trigger [Fiesta 2015]

amarliber

Hello there!

I've been looking online and can't find a solution anywhere else to a problem that has recently arise in my vehicle. Ford Fiesta EcoBoost, 2015.

When using the air conditioning unit there are 5 levels (0,1,2,3,4) on a rotating knob to pick from. The only level that actually activates the air con is 4 and all the others don't do anything at all.

The power of the air con at level 4 is as expected and there has been no issue with the temperature of the air it blows. It just means that if I want to manage the car's humidity etc. I've got to go all or nothing.

Any suggestions on what the cause of this might be and whether there's an easy fix to this?

Heater resistor has blown. Very easy and cheap fix (less than £10 from ebay). The resistor is located behind the centre console so just need to remove the trim in the passenger footwell attaching to the centre console. The heater resistor is a white plug held in with 2 small Torx screws right near the firewall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Heater resistor has blown. Very easy and cheap fix (less than £10 from ebay). The resistor is located behind the centre console so just need to remove the trim in the passenger footwell attaching to the centre console. The heater resistor is a white plug held in with 2 small Torx screws right near the firewall.

What he said

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

They seem to go out fairly regularly in Fords for some reason, i am on my second replacement after 4 years

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club