Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Overtook by an ambulance past speed camera

JoshJWW

Like the title says an ambulance overtook me past a speed camera and it flashed. Should I expect a speeding fine or do they have people monitoring these things, I have no clue lol. I’d assume it’d be automated and whatever registrations recorded will be sent a fine, but at the same time I have no idea how it works

They will check the pictures, don't worry!

If anything does come if it and relevant go away with a simple query to the speed camera office (within a week or so of receiving the notice), then try posting at Pepipoo for advice.

You should hear nothing as long as the picture taken by the camera shows the ambulance passing you, it more than likely does otherwise the camera would not have activated. I'm sure that many emergency service vehicles get flashed.

If you were in compliance with the speed limit you will be fine, the cameras are able to tell which vehicle is speeding and which is not amongst a group.
Btw, I get flashed in my work car at least 5 times a week, as long as it's verified that I'm on a work shout then our fleet manager deals with it.
If I'm not on a shout then I take the responsibility like any member of the public would.
There used to be problems verifying a legitimate shout from viewing the photos as often the roof lights weren't picked up (strobe timings not matching the photo timings) so now most emergency vehicle light units have a single non-flashing light in the middle that only illuminates when the strobe lights are lit and therefore easily seen on film.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

It's a wait and see job but if yeah if you are in compliance with the speed limit rule, I guess you don't have to worry for anything.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry. The camera would tell which car was speeding. You see these iIiIiI markings on each lane and that is what the camera used to determine the car and speed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club