Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk7 (2009) heater control removal

BP2411

Hello everyone! My car blowers only go through the dash vents regardless of what setting I have them on so I assume something has detached on the rear of the panel, I have removed the clock cover, radio fascia, heater control surround & gearstick surround but the control panel won't move, I've undone the 4 screws and the bottom is loose but the top won't budge. Any ideas? 

Got it off, the cable wasn't connected but the retaining clip on the wire has snapped off, does anyone know where the other end of this wire goes? If it had snapped with the heaters aiming at the windscreen I could've lived with that. 

IMG_20201126_175038.jpg

Just now, BP2411 said:

Anyone? 

It goes behind the dash.  Hope that helps... 🤭

If you can work out the orientation of the HVAC box from this picture, the cable should go to the white X.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

And that box is where? 😂 Behind the glove box? My wire, the end that connects to the control panel is bent at 90°  but looking online it should be straight? 

Just now, BP2411 said:

And that box is where? 😂 Behind the glove box? My wire, the end that connects to the control panel is bent at 90°  but looking online it should be straight? 

Lol, it's right in the middle behind the dash...that box is literally why the dash has to be so deep! :laugh: 

Here's the full ad if you can get a better idea of it.  Surely you can see the shiny heater pipes as a reference point?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-2008-Onwards-Complete-Heater-Box-And-Air-Con-Assembly/254512318753

It's not too difficult to unclip the cables from the Housing. Think you may need to remove the glove box , that's only 2 pins. Then a bit of heater ducting to pull out the way. 

Screenshot_20201128-173613.png

• Like 1

That's very useful thanks, for now I've just pushed the cable so the air is directed at the windscreen and put it back together but I'll definitely have another look once I've got a price from Ford for a new cable. 

• Like 1

£38 for the green cable, red cable only£10. That's approx . Rates ford sell them on eBay

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club