Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

Just heard on the news that the UK will be the first to give out covid vaccines as early as next week. Would any of you guys take it? I feel I wouldn't take it as of yet until I see if there is very minimal risk to having it done.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55145696

• Like 1

Yes.

It has come in quick but it has been approved by a body that's not beholden to any government.  Normal vaccines have to get funded, and get a small team.  This vaccine had money and many scientists.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Just heard on the news that the UK will be the first to give out covid vaccines as early as next week. Would any of you guys take it? I feel I wouldn't take it as of yet until I see if there is very minimal risk to having it done.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55145696

Thats already been proven by the 40000 people who had it during the trial. Only an idiot with a death wish wouldn't have it.

• Like 4

I wouldn't have it...but then I am an idiot wish a death wish. :biggrin: 

Seriously though, I can't even see needles or blood on TV without triggering panic.  Along with issues just leaving the house, dealing with people and entering buildings there's no way I'll be able to have it done.  I just hope enough of you get it so that I can go outside by the end of 2022.

First wave people will be luckier than final wave.  The Oxford vaccine uses part of the virus itself so much more likely to cause side effects.  Better off with the Pfizer one...

• Like 2

The Oxford one maybe but not the phizer one

• Like 2

absolutely. i think i'll be one of the first to have it given my job 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Only an idiot with a death wish wouldn't have it.

Lol, not falling into that category I'll certainly be rolling up my sleeve asap!😀 It's not just for your own benefit of course, you'll be protecting others as well.

• Like 4

two right i would have it what you got to lose 👍

• Like 3

Just now, dezwez said:

two right i would have it what you got to lose 👍

I'm hoping to lose the face mask as soon as!😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

No. Not for me. There's been very little evidence that it protects long term or how long it actually lasts for and also if it makes anyone immune from actually passing it on.

• Like 1

Is it free? I never turn down the offer of a free gift. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

No problem for me. I'm used to a small prick. 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

Not a chance for me 2 times I have had massive problems with the NHS had an operation on my spine and the fools took out the wrong discs, then 2 years ago injected into a nerve in my spine instead of epidural sack which paralysed my left leg and I haven't recovered from that yet. 

Put simply I'll let other people have a go I'm ill enough without any more, I get tested every week for covid on a trial but I have kept away from people since Feb I have no problems keeping away from people forever if need be.

• Sad 1

Just now, iantt said:

No problem for me. I'm used to a small prick. 😂😂😂

Lol 😂😂

• Like 2

Yes definitely, I have first hand experience of seeing what it can do to some people.

In my case it will be to top up the Antibodies that I should have built up when I had it, but I passed it onto my elderly mother and it nearly killed her. She has almost fully recovered now but who knows what effect it will have on her body for the rest of her possibly shortened life.

Speaking from my own personal experience even a mild to medium episode is Covid is not a walk in the park. 

As for waiting, it will not be long before the nasty minority in society start spreading their lies about how dangerous the vaccine is in such a convincing way that some people will believe them.

• Like 3

Just now, erictcleric said:

Is it free? I never turn down the offer of a free gift. 

only everyone in the country will be paying for the billions wasted in tax in the very near future!

Afterall we have only just finish paying off the debt of world war 2.

• Like 2

Just now, Stoney871 said:

Personally I think anyone that refuses the anti-virus for no other reason than they want to make a political statement is selfish and narrow minded.

...... and should have privileges withdrawn, like foreign travel, going to the pub, shopping etc etc

• Like 3

...... and should have privileges withdrawn, like foreign travel, going to the pub, shopping etc etc
Agreed

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It seems to me though that we only have 3 options.

1 vaccinate enough people to achieve herd immunity.

2 lockdown for years and really screw our economy 

3 just let the virus loose to kill anyone it can 

Option 1 seems the least worse 

• Like 3

Apparently questioning the long term health effects of a vaccine literally nobody can answer makes me an anti-vaxer. Remember the experts aren't always right. Thalidomide came to mind. It took them quite a few years to realise to realise it caused quite serious birth defects.

We're car people so I'll explain my view using cars. If a new car manufacturer came along and released their first ever car would you go and spend your life savings on it? Bearing in mind you know nothing about the company or whether they'll be around long enough for a warranty claim? Sure Jeremy Clarkson may have said it was fun to drive and something different, but nobody really know anything  about reliability, service costs or availability of spares.

Or would you wait a few years for all the issues to be ironed out and engine reliability proven (or disproven lol). 

In short, I won't say no to it unless something changes, but I won't be in a rush to go and have it. Let everyone else be the guinea pigs first. I'd rather risk catching a virus with a 99.7% survival rate (or whatever percentage it is now) than a vaccine that makes me grow a third ball.

• Like 3

Just now, Guy Heaton said:

But it isn't their first ever vaccine.  Resources have been thrown at it to get it available as quickly as possible but I don't believe anything about it is actually revolutionary.

My ask is always, what's the alternative?

You could say the 2.3 ecoboost in the mk3 RS wasn't revolutionary and certainly wasn't fords first engine. They still blew headgaskets left right and centre when they were first released until they had the recall.

Someone had to trial the vaccine at some point I guess. I'm not an anti vaxer, I'm just making sure I'm not one of the guinea pigs at the start.

• Like 1

But it isn't their first ever vaccine.  Resources have been thrown at it to get it available as quickly as possible but I don't believe anything about it is actually revolutionary.

My ask is always, what's the alternative?

• Like 2

I'd probably say I'm an ignorant anti vaxer at the moment 😂. I've been shown in my university courses the really bad effects of not properly trialling drugs.

This drug thalidomide is my primary example causing birth defects and having to be removed for use in 1961. Covid about a year ago was when it hit the world so having a vaccine a year later is great but the long term effects haven't really been recorded as it's still early days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23500853

• Like 2

Not really the same situation though is it? With Thalidomide no one knew about any side effects until at least 9 months after it was given to women. And as someone who lived through that period the whole issue was surrounded by conspiracy and corruption within the pharmaceutical industry. With Covid vaccines the whole global pharma community are studying and evaluating any possible vaccines.

So ok let's wait 10 years just to make sure its really safe. You don't need a university education to work out what might happen.By then if not dead we'll probably all be on the streets, oh and there will be no industry left to make anything anyway. This is like a war and in war drastic measures have to be taken . Some of which may not be successful as had been hoped.

• Like 6

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club