Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

I don't think that will ever happen in the UK. As far as I know it shows up in your medical records just like any other vaccine but  no one is given a certificate so that they can prove that they have had it.

It may happen in other countries. 

I was thinking more in terms of indirect things, rather than more Government rules (enough, already!). Things like booking conditions for flights, cruises erc, and medical questions on travel insurance where they'll hit you for higher premiums if you haven't had the vaccine and refuse to pay outbif you make a false declaration, as with other insurances. 

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

medical questions on travel insurance where they'll hit you for higher premiums if you haven't had the vaccine and refuse to pay outbif you make a false declaration, as with other insurances. 

Maybe that will happen at some point and maybe some countries will not let UK citizens in, but I don't think it can happen in any other scenario because as far as I know certificates are not being issued. 

7 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Maybe that will happen at some point and maybe some countries will not let UK citizens in, but I don't think it can happen in any other scenario because as far as I know certificates are not being issued. 

Should at least get a lollipop or a badge that says "I'm immunised" 😅 batman badge would be a nice touch.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Should at least get a lollipop or a badge that says "I'm immunised" 😅 batman badge would be a nice touch.

Or a badge that says "Go ahead and cough on me, make my day"

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I went for a job interview last week and before they let you into the building you have to stand in front of this small screen with a camera that reads your temperature.

It would make sense that all business’ should utilise this technology to be able to tell who is likely to have the virus and who is clean. This could be used in airports also to see who was safe to to travel, then it wouldn’t matter if you had the vaccine or not, the scanner would determine if a non vaccined person was fit and well.

Trouble with that is you don't necessarily have a temp with covid so not reliable enough. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Or a badge that says "Go ahead and cough on me, make my day"

"Far cough covid I'm vaccinated" 😂

Good to hear the Oxford vaccine is being used. Not happy with the increase spread of covid and new variants emerging. Will make it a little harder making different vaccines though I'd think they'd make the vaccine all in one

10 hours ago, Tizer said:

Is that a real story or another made up one.

Yes it's real and which are the others? 😆

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

I went for a job interview last week and before they let you into the building you have to stand in front of this small screen with a camera that reads your temperature.

It would make sense that all business’ should utilise this technology to be able to tell who is likely to have the virus and who is clean. This could be used in airports also to see who was safe to to travel, then it wouldn’t matter if you had the vaccine or not, the scanner would determine if a non vaccined person was fit and well.

We have that at various entry points at work in a warehouse facility and live screen monitors which circle each person with a green ring and turns red alerting at certain pinch points if you are not 2m away from someone else ( It actually sounds an alarm so everyone knows who it is). Regular Covid tests ( two in two weeks, both negative).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mokes said:

Jesus! Bit OTT or what? Do they fit you with exploding necklaces too?

Not yet. There's over 250 employees on site each shift ( days and nights) one way systems in place where necessary. Staggered start times and end times. Alternated breaks too in four separate canteens with all single seat tables 2m apart. Lifts available only to those authorised via your key card one person at a time which are overseen by security personnel. 

We had an email from the CEO for Europe  over the festive period regarding Covid Covid issues and it went on to say in the facts and figures that last year they spent £800m on Covid prevention and sanatisation with all the provisions for staff and employees.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mokes said:

Not chance of catching it there then.

You be surprised. 

Some people including management have some very low views on hygiene and often choose not to do the basics such as handwashing etc etc.

• Like 1

My hairdressers, when they were open, and my dentist, both do a temperature check and questionnaire before you can get in.

One of my wife's coworkers, similar age to us (40s/50s), herself, husband and 2 teenage kids all have covid.  They had to call paramedics as she couldnt catch her breath.  She had a blood oxygen of 94.  Normally this would have been straight to hospital but there are no beds, so they have been left with a portable machine to test their own bloodox and if it gets to 90 they'll take her to hospital.

I have a couple of friends who work in UCH and they tell the same story of no beds.

You might not get covid, but you might get something else and not be able to get into hospital.

So yes, it's serious and no, this is not a made-up story.  We either vaccinate massively, or we lockdown completely and economy is screwed and people lose their jobs and houses.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

So yes, it's serious and no, this is not a made-up story.  We either vaccinate massively, or we lockdown completely and economy is screwed and people lose their jobs and houses.

Yeah, can't understand why people don't believe it's real. Mate of mine lost his mum to Covid just before Xmas. Then his daughter and family got it (touch and go for his son in law). My cousin and family, including my 84 year old aunt, have had it since New Year so crossing fingers for them.

Get my jab on Wednesday. No hesitation about getting it.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, mokes said:

Both are pure theatrics, designed to look compliant.

The temp check is usually wildly inaccurate/not relative to the person's 'normal' temp and what you put on the questionnaire is up to you. 

Majority of people carrying the virus in the first 6 - 10 days don't have a temperature, 

• Like 1

Because there's 1000s more sick people?

You can believe what you like. I'll believe my friends that work there.  We moan about having to wear a mask for 5 minutes in the Coop.  They're ok them for 12 hours or more at a time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Because there's 1000s more sick people?

You can believe what you like. I'll believe my friends that work there.  We moan about having to wear a mask for 5 minutes in the Coop.  They're ok them for 12 hours or more at a time.

It should be mandatory to wear a mask outdoors unless you have a genuine medical reason not to.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mokes said:

I have friends and family in the NHS hospitals as frontline. I have a fairly grounded view thanks.

When you say 'we' moan, you mean you, because I have to wear a mask 12 hrs a day too.

Same here. We have to wear masks once we set foot in the car park. They are provided all day ( I tend to change them at breaks so get through 3 a day) also more hand sanitizer than you could possibly get through and each station has it's own anti bacterial wipes and sanitizer with a designated person going around all day ensuring you have access to it.

Daughter is a community nurse. She had Covid in the first wave and now has long Covid. She's also asthmatic so its causing her a lot of discomfort and has to stagger her work shifts over 7 days to get through her 5 shifts.

My Mrs has also had it but only recently on the second wave and still struggles with walking upstairs or to the shops.

44 minutes ago, mokes said:

I have friends and family in the NHS hospitals as frontline. I have a fairly grounded view thanks.

When you say 'we' moan, you mean you, because I have to wear a mask 12 hrs a day too.

No.  No I do not.  

My wife works on a red covid ward and has done so for over nine months, next longest continuous worker on the wards to her is 6 months.

She's burnt out but her bosses won't transfer her back to her own ward because many nurses either burn out after a month or refuse to work covid wards in the first place.

Forget clapping for them, give them a decent pay rise and a ###$$$$ medal I say.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mokes said:

Yes. Yes you do.

It should be patently obvious it is "we" as in "the public" given that all my posts are in support of vaccines, restrictions and the NHS.

Update from my consultant friend.

Today in hospital Covid-land 

Another long one, just home.

It's horrible. 11 ambulances queuing with corridors full (how on earth does infection control work in this situation) in ED.

Staff having to stay until gone 8pm on the day unit with a septic patient because there is nowhere to admit him to.

Increasing numbers of patients phoning up to let us know they have positive Covid swabs, asking if they should come in. Even if we wanted them to (we don’t, unless they are sick enough to need oxygen) there is nowhere to put them. These are some of the most vulnerable patients out there, most of them shielding. The mortality rate from Covid in haematology patients in the first wave was 50%. Fifty percent. 

I think we are working in Covid soup, I think it is everywhere, and we should all be trying as hard as possible to reduce spread. Please, please, if you can avoid all contact outside your houses, do so. If you can work from home, even if it's harder, do so.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mokes said:

In addition, the lack of beds at an NHS hospital is unfortunately nothing new. Why the media are making out its solely down to coronavirus is ridiculous.

There was plenty of capacity in the system when the Nightingale hospitals were constructed.I’ve heard antidotal evidence that at least one has now been gutted.If that capacity still exists then unfortunately one issue is the number of trained medical staff available 👍

There isn't the staff or resources to get them up and running. 

Shortage of oxygen is next on the list if not already from what I've heard.

13 hours ago, mokes said:

I often wonder what 'genuine' reason there is for being able to mingle with everyone else but not have to wear a mask? Having this 'genuine' reason makes you immune or not able to spread anything?

This winds me up no end!  It's just people wanting to enforce their 'rights' rather than understanding any sort of safety.

I am medically exempt myself, already found shopping very difficult before the mask rules came in and wearing a mask has made it even more difficult.  But I still wear one and just try to get in and out of the supermarket in the shortest possible time because I'm not so much of a selfish a*sehole to go around gobbing on people purely because the law says I can.

Sadly, this isn't the general view on another forum that I'm on.  People would rather spend 10 minutes arguing with the security guard about why they don't 'have' to wear one than either put up with it, shop online or let a friend or relative shop for them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club