Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

45 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

This winds me up no end!  It's just people wanting to enforce their 'rights' rather than understanding any sort of safety.

I am medically exempt myself, already found shopping very difficult before the mask rules came in and wearing a mask has made it even more difficult.  But I still wear one and just try to get in and out of the supermarket in the shortest possible time because I'm not so much of a selfish a*sehole to go around gobbing on people purely because the law says I can.

Sadly, this isn't the general view on another forum that I'm on.  People would rather spend 10 minutes arguing with the security guard about why they don't 'have' to wear one than either put up with it, shop online or let a friend or relative shop for them.

At the start I wasn’t happy about wearing a face mask but went along with it.Now I’m not too bothered but would rather not.My concern is more tougher rules possibly in the future, for example making face mask wearing mandatory in the street.For me that is a step too far👍

Hi Tim

Don't know how I got the jab so quickly. Both wife and I are 78 and we are both having it. Didn't expect to get it till mid February at the earliest. Neither of us has any medical problems apart from usual old age related. Must be in an area that has got itself organised faster.

ive got used to wearing a mask for 11 hr day at work, was pretty unbearable in the summer when indoor temps reached 37c. in the winter indoor temps 5-10 c dependant on outside temps. mask wearing in these temps are fine and actually keep my face warm. 

45 minutes ago, iantt said:

ive got used to wearing a mask for 11 hr day at work, was pretty unbearable in the summer when indoor temps reached 37c. in the winter indoor temps 5-10 c dependant on outside temps. mask wearing in these temps are fine and actually keep my face warm. 

Call me old fashion but I would prefer a scarf to keep my face warm.I don’t think that would work in a garage though 👍

On 1/10/2021 at 5:05 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Programme seems to be well under way in my area. A mass vaccination site was set up in a former car park at the end of last year, initially to do 'flu jabs, but it's now switched to Coronavirus vaccinations. Passed there on my walk this morning and it was very busy.

4 hours ago, jsk said:

Hi Tim

Don't know how I got the jab so quickly. Both wife and I are 78 and we are both having it. Didn't expect to get it till mid February at the earliest. Neither of us has any medical problems apart from usual old age related. Must be in an area that has got itself organised faster.

My neighbour who is mid-80's went for hers yesterday to the site I mention above. I guess there'll always be a difference between NHS areas.

My aunt, same sort of age, lives in a different area but hasn't had her letter yet. Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier she has now got coronavirus but fingers crossed she seems to be  holding her own so far.

I know a nurse who have been working in our local hospital for years from day one from school and now 60 area and she is one of the top ones on the cancer wards and you see her walk across every morning doing 12 hour shifts,she is one of these old school ones.

All front like people needs a Medal from nurses/carers/police/fire service/paramedics etc as these have to go face to face with these people on a day to day and going into it knowing what could happen so good on you all and i did use to be a carer upto 6 months ago at home for 14 years,these are all here to look after all of us.

....... Follow the rules it's a simple thing.......

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mokes said:

Not so sure about the police or fire service having to face 'these people' but....

Who do you think are driving the ambulances ? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mokes said:

Anyway, things cant be that bad if our illustrious leader feels it's ok to go for a cycle ride 7 miles from home, surrounded by his entourage.

He's already had it and is bursting with anti-bodies! :tongue: 

I must admit, I don't see the issue with this one though.  It's outside, how many close interactions can you have on a bike?  

I watched my local news scrabbling to find an answer as to why you can't make a short drive for exercise...  The best they could come up with was stopping for fuel being an interaction...  I've got a 50 litre tank which will last until March and when I did I used Pay@pump when filling with gloves...  Besides, I'm far safer driving to a wide open park than having to dive into the road every time a jogger comes past on the pavement huffing and puffing potentially contaminated droplets everywhere.  I don't even understand why they do it...if anything, I'm walking slower to try and waste more time during lockdown myself! :rolleyes1:

3 minutes ago, mokes said:

There is a BIG problem here. Ask the two women out walking 5 miles from home that got arrested. Or the woman on a bench by the sea that got arrested ( protest stunt or not).

This fluffy ***** should be setting an example especially in an area that is allegedly 'overwhelmed'.

No wonder people dont take it seriously.

I don't see the problem with those either though, that's the point I'm making.  If people can be sensible enough not to go around licking each other then there's absolutely no reason that sitting on a bench alone or walking around a park 5 miles away is dangerous at all.  

The reason that all these rules have been put in place is that the general public seem to be too thick to understand how the virus spreads and take their own precautions - so they have to be given very specific rules to overcompensate.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mokes said:

Anyway, things cant be that bad if our illustrious leader feels it's ok to go for a cycle ride 7 miles from home, surrounded by his entourage.

Being a cyclist myself(I know,the devil’s breath) 7 miles is diddly.Today I’ve been on a 2 hour bike ride approximately 20miles.If i see a pedestrian coming my way I’ll distance myself ,sometimes riding on the opposite side of the road if safe to do so and turn my head 👍

• Like 2

A bit of common sense by all would see us ok. 

Unfortunately some people just will not follow advice and take responsibility, so we end up with yet another lockdown. It makes me feel like when we all got detention at school 'cos the culprit wouldn't own up!

Perhaps it's because society as a whole seems more risk averse than when I grew up, that people are not as used to assessing and managing risk for themselves. Certainly I was always taught - by my parents, at school and in a working environment - that the primary responsibility for my safety rested with myself.

• Like 2

I know I'm lucky.  In my garage I have my weights, heavy bag and a rowing machine, so I don't have to go anywhere to keep fit.  We get as much of our food delivered as we can.  I need to take care as my 72 year old mother lives with us so I do think about every journey, is it necessary?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I know I'm lucky.  In my garage I have my weights, heavy bag and a rowing machine, so I don't have to go anywhere to keep fit.  We get as much of our food delivered as we can.  I need to take care as my 72 year old mother lives with us so I do think about every journey, is it necessary?

It's not just about keeping physically fit in fairness, a change of scenery and bit of open green space helps lift mood when everything seems to be grey at the moment.  I'm lucky enough to have a semi-green outlook too, would hate to be stuck in a town centre property during lockdown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mokes said:

The actions of people in London and the South East have caused a huge jump in infection rates

We've had a massive increase in North Yorkshire as well. People we know in what are classed as tourist spots tell us they're still seeing a big influx of visitors just to walk on the beach etc.

Back to what we say about common sense - people can't seem to be able to work out that say, driving a few miles to have a walk round a reservoir (which tend to be pretty remote) is an entirely different case to driving the same distance to go to a seaside town.

• Like 1

Yes, very much agree there Tom - I'm pretty lucky in having easy access to some open space, too.

I have great sympathy for those in city centre apartments with no outside space nearby, surely it would be safer for them to drive a few miles and exercise rather than do a few laps of the nearby streets. At least it seems that park gates are not being locked this tiime round.

• Like 1

I dont see a problem walking on the beach as long as you are sensible.

Unfortunately it seems they're not - and from what our friends tell us the beaches get very crowded. I'm talking about the beaches in coastal towns by the way, not the ones where you can walk for miles without seeing a soul, which, as you rightly say, are no problem.

45 minutes ago, mokes said:

20 miles? The 'spirit of the law' would say that is not in your local area.

No problem with that, but try explaining it to some over-zealous plod. THATS the problem.

I can quite easily go for a 36 mile walk / run / cycle and be no more than 4 miles from my front door at any given point by using the local TPT ( Trans Pennine Trail ).

• Like 1

Perhaps the rules need to clarify whether it's the distance you travel or the proximity to your door?

I'd say the former, because it increases the likelihood of contact with others. Even then, four miles from your door...is that 'local'? The rules don't say.

Thirty six miles is certainly not essential that's for sure.

It depends on your level of fitness and what you could be training for. 

36 miles is not a long distance to any ultra runner, its perhaps a good warm up 😆

This is why there should be more clarification but as usual it's a half hearted attempt from the Government. 

Providing they keep 2m away when I'm passing them I've no issue that they are patrolling. 

Until the Government actually sets out a limit there is very little the Police can do. 

As it stands there is no law as to how far and for how long you can go out for a walk or whatever you choose but for the timebeing I choose to use the Treadmill at home instead as it keeps me and my family safe.

I wish there were more info on the ones who have had this jab the first one to see how they are like any side effects or has anyone got covid and have the protection.

The thing is here is how long does it last as they aint got a clue on that,2 months,12 months ?????

29 minutes ago, mokes said:

First, it would be hard to stay 2m away from you when they are frog-marching you to the car.

Second, the Police dont seem to understand how 'little' they can do. They do what they want.

Third, the law says stay local, which apparently means within your town, village or urban area.

Anything except a large gathering should be no cause for alarm or require Police intervention, but revenue has to be raised somehow I suppose.

First.  They have no reason to be frog marching me to their car.

Second. I wouldn't be breaking any rules so they the police wouldn't have to understand anything as it's not relevant.

Third. I would be local less than 4 miles at its furthest point and probably less than 1.5 miles away for the vast majority in my local urban area. I would only actually be on a public footpath ( Estate road) for 500m at the start and at the end.

4th. I would be alone apart from passing other " groups" of walkers/ cyclists and horse riders.

But for now I'll stick to the Treadmill for my daily exercise and only leave the house for work and for necessary shopping. 

2 minutes ago, mokes said:

None of that seems to matter, looking at the way they are dealing with it currently. Just being out and about is enough apparently.

"Passing other groups", would suggest that it gets quite busy, regardless of whether YOU are alone. It's like going for a walk on a busy beach..on your own. 

It does get busy. 

In fact too busy in normal times hence why I've stopped using it.

The parking In the surrounding areas are bumper to bumper most days.

2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I've got a heavy bag too , but I don't say it to her face.😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mokes said:

...but revenue has to be raised somehow I suppose.

I passed a speed trap this afternoon.  Must cost more employing the guy to set up and sit in the car for a few hours than they make back in fines during lockdown! :unsure:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Must cost more employing the guy to set up and sit in the car for a few hours than they make back in fines during lockdown! :unsure:

On the other hand there were some amazing cases of speeding back in Lockdown 1 so it might make some sense. I have seen a fair number of drivers who seem to be taking the p*ss this time around so far, as well. 

It's a particular hazard to people who are so anxious to social distance they step into the road to avoid you without looking over their shoulder first!😀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club