Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

It's a good job I'm not diabetic. :laugh: 

You only think that Tom, I remember being told I would need to self inject, I was absolutely terrified, had genuine anxiety before 'day 1', but that was years ago now, I don't give it a second thought.  When your life depends on something, amazing how you just get on with stuff!

Oh, like your Gran, I too look at any 'vaccination' I get, and a few years back even watched a stent being inserted in my leg on a huge 50" TV screen as they showed the op live to students, great viewing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mokes said:

I had students watching my colonoscopy.🤒

Best advice you can ever give someone having one, 'never trust a f*rt for 2 days' LOL

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You only think that Tom, I remember being told I would need to self inject, I was absolutely terrified, had genuine anxiety before 'day 1', but that was years ago now, I don't give it a second thought.  When your life depends on something, amazing how you just get on with stuff!

Oh, like your Gran, I too look at any 'vaccination' I get, and a few years back even watched a stent being inserted in my leg on a huge 50" TV screen as they showed the op live to students, great viewing!

Sadly not...last jab I had was DPT back in 2007.  Really didn't want it but I did manage to get into the room...and even have it done...then passed out walking out of the room!  🤦‍♂️  Bashed my head on the floor, narrowly missing a cast iron radiator, carpet burn across my face and a sore neck for weeks.  How I didn't lose any teeth or do any proper damage I really don't know. :unsure:  That didn't help with my fear of needles surprisingly. :laugh: 

Trouble is, it's not mind over matter in my case.  I cut my finger on the freezer door this morning (no, I don't know how!), tiny bit of blood appeared and I had to sit down for half an hour. :rolleyes:  Just anything 'bodily' renders me absolutely useless!

I get so fed up of the typical anxiety treatment being 'feel the fear and do it anyway'...if was just a thought then of course I would, but when my body involuntarily reacts at this sort of thing I just don' know what I can do about it.  Even the NHS site advice is to just avoid blood etc...as if that's always possible! :laugh: 

I had a Fiat Regatta burst into flames on me years back

1 hour ago, Wino said:

It's not very often  I get cold or Flu at all so I haven't taken up the offer of a Flu jab.

I'm not one for needles either. 

Fingers crossed you don't get any side effects Guy just a bit of Focusitis won't be a bad thing 😄

Got a pal whose both arms, chest and back are covered in tattoos yet is 💩 scared of needles! Go figure 🤷

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, mokes said:

I had students watching my colonoscopy on the big screen..🤒

I watched my own on a big screen. Took my mind off what was actually going on. 🤪🤪🤪

6 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Best advice you can ever give someone having one, 'never trust a f*rt for 2 days' LOL

You do plenty of that while the camera is up there. Good job the nurses are used to it. 

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

You do plenty of that while the camera is up there. Good job the nurses are used to it. 

I find the actual procedure is pretty OK, it's the preparation the day before which is unpleasant! (I've had 6 of them in the last few years and another one due next month LOL)

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

I find the actual procedure is pretty OK, it's the preparation the day before which is unpleasant! (I've had 6 of them in the last few years and another one due next month LOL)

I had to "prepare" first thing in the morning. That's a weird feeling whacking a bag of fluid up via a small pipe. 😢😢

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

I had to "prepare" first thing in the morning. That's a weird feeling whacking a bag of fluid up via a small pipe. 😢😢

Only advantage of being diabetic, you are always the first call of the day, hence prep always day before! Actually your 'prep' sounds very different to what my 'prep' is LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

. Since when did they have drive through vaccine sites?

In my area, since last autumn when they set it up for flu jabs. Now doing Covid vaccinations by appointment, you can't just drive through like Mcdonalds.😀

11 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Only advantage of being diabetic, you are always the first call of the day, hence prep always day before! Actually your 'prep' sounds very different to what my 'prep' is LOL

Klean-prep by any chance? 😳

IMG_20210119_071526904.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Klean-prep by any chance? 😳

IMG_20210119_071526904.jpg

Is that an additive for fuel to clear the injectors ? 😉

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Is that an additive for fuel to clear the injectors ? 😉

Exhaust cleaner! 😲😆

• Haha 1

I don't understand how anyone gets through the oral prep.  How do you physically get something into your body that you know is going to cause major consequences?

I'm currently having this battle with medication myself...after having not taken any medication at all in the last 18 years (even then it was only 'light' medicine, I've never actually taken a pill with a high risk of side effects). I'm now being told that I have to start on some meds before any chance of longer term improvement but know that I won't be able to cope with the short term effects first. :sad:  One of the meds is meant to melt on the tongue but after several minutes trying to get it in my throat rejects it!  The other is a liquid that again my throat won't allow me to swallow.  I've also tried explaining to the GP that I have major issues swallowing food or even water but he's not interested...just 'come back when you've started the meds'.  

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't understand how anyone gets through the oral prep.  How do you physically get something into your body that you know is going to cause major consequences?

Without doing it, I wouldn't have had the procedure. Without the procedure, they'd have never diagnosed my bowel cancer. Without the diagnosis, I wouldn't be here... 😁

I sympathise about the 'swallowing' issue, on having to get numerous 'endoscopy ' procedures for a heart issue, I just could not do it awake no matter how many numbing sprays they did on my throat. (Extremely sensitive gag reflex!). Ended up having to be fully knocked out each time for the procedure - I'm a real treat for NHS staff LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Without doing it, I wouldn't have had the procedure. Without the procedure, they'd have never diagnosed my bowel cancer. Without the diagnosis, I wouldn't be here... 😁

I do get that...and I know that potentially I could be in a better position in a few years time if I was able to get through it...but the initial barrier seems totally impassable.  (It will take years to see proper improvement as procedures have been backing up in the meantime!)  I was prescribed similar meds nearly 10 years ago that I couldn't get in either, so this isn't suddenly going to resolve itself.  There must be 'something' that I'm missing here but I just don't know what it is.  I can't find anyone online in the same position either which is a bit frustrating.  

(PS - We're all glad you're still here too! :wink: )

• Like 1

How long are the Mask ok for like hours.

I have the normal blue ones 3 layer ones that most use and i only use around 2 hours a week say shopping 1 to 2 hours.

I have also got some of the FFP 2 ones on the way 95% (N95) as the top ones are only 4% more FFP3 but a lot more.

I was told 72 hours on the blue ones but i use mine for around 16 hours say 2 hours a week so 2 months.

I will use my new ones a bit longer say 24 hours as it's only for built up places like shopping/petrol/local small shop etc.

5 minutes ago, mokes said:

Bit of a confusing post, but as you do not appear to NEED anything other than a standard blue mask ( total use 1-2 hours a week) I dont know why you are buying expensive commercial type ones?

Likely the same mental attitude that makes folk buy an RS Focus, when they'll just be popping down to Tesco, some of us just like having 'the best' LOL

• Haha 1

If I've read it right, I think he's reusing the disposable mask several times up to the 72 hours before binning it?

That's really not ideal if so.  My great Aunt was doing the same thing. :unsure:

So when at school my daughter uses the disposable ones, but in a cycle, so she has several on the go at once, leaving days in between.  

My FiL has just had the vaccine, yesterday.

SCAM EMAIL!

Thought I'd post warning here as it's an active thread. Just received my first scam email inviting me to book a vaccine appointment.

It looks very convincing but the giveaway is the actual email address.  It has 2 links to click for "accept" or "decline" which may dump some malware on your device or they may be after some personal details.

Either way, look out.

• Like 3

Standard blue masks are single use only. 

We have to wear them for our 10 hour shifts but are provided. 

I get through 4 a day as I change at breaks or when they start to get itchy on the skin.

There was 3 positive Covid tests this week at the warehouse so it had night shift closure and s "Deep clean" Inwhich one of the lanes was kept closed until 12pm the following day as the deep  cleaning took longer than anticipated.

Had another Covid test yesterday do that's now 5 tests in the last 4 weeks and it's being rumoured that its going to be ramped up with the latest positive results.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Wino said:

Had another Covid test yesterday do that's now 5 tests in the last 4 weeks and it's being rumoured that its going to be ramped up with the latest positive results.

I'm curious - I have an exceptionally sensitive gag reflex, if I ever have a test, does the swab go very far down your throat?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club